Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Code violations, including storage of gasoline outside?

Sorry to say this, but why don't you just clean up the place? Do yourself,
your neighbors, and the neighborhood a favor?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 27, 5:17�pm, "Buck Turgidson" wrote:
Sorry to say this, but why don't you just clean up the place? � Do yourself,
your neighbors, and the neighborhood a favor?

gasoline is best stored in a locked shed far away from home, most of
this stuff could go in a shed, why not get a cheap one?
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:26:56 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

gasoline is best stored in a locked shed far away from home, most of
this stuff could go in a shed, why not get a cheap one?

I should have said I have a townhouse, and no room for a shed. There
is only one shed in the whole n'hood. I wonder if that means everyone
else is keeping their gas inside the house.

---
In place of multiple replies:

The T-111 under the deck is scrap. When I first buried the keys
there, I only had to get it every 3 or 4 years, and after the first
time I got a little dirty, if I were in good clothes, I'd take off my
outer clothes and get the key. It was always at night, and no one can
see my back yard anyhow unless they walk right behind me or my
neighbor, which no one ever does at night. Finally, it was wet once,
and I put down the t-111 which ends a foot from the house anyhow.

The t-111 in the front reaches the house, which is brick, but doesn't
reach the yard. It ends at least a foot away. Termites won't go
outside that much. Long ago I talked to a pro about my fence and he
said as long as the pickets were an inch above the grass, they were
safe from termites, and that proved to be true.

The yard looks fine. The only complaints have been about what is
under the deck or in the 8x8' area that is surrounded by a 5 foot,
what they call privacy fence, solid, no one can see in.

I have thought about children, but there are no little children around
here who play without being watched. None of them has even come in my
fence, I guess because it's a fence. Except once two ten-year olds
walked part way up the sidewalk. They were afraid to come further. I
saw them through the upstairs windows and talked to them. Once in 25
years. That's when I've been here. But I've never had anything moved
or missing either. I've never seen kids prowling around anyone else's
yard either.

The only one who can see in is my next door n'bor. Previous ones
probably looked over no more than I look over there (once a year?) but
the new guy smokes outside a lot and told me he wanted me to get rid
of things, all of the stuff it seemed. He raised the subject. He has
nothing in his area, not even a grill. He asked what I was going to
do with the motorcycle. I said I was going to fix it and ride it. He
expressed concern about snakes when the stream rose, and about rats.
I've never seen a snake around here and I last saw a rat 20 years ago.
But if there were a snake, unless it poisonous, that would be fine by
me. I wanted to live next to a stream to be near wildlife. And
because there is a stream, they built a sewer main beside it, as they
often do. I guess that's where the rat 20 years ago came from.

Despite all that I don't think he called code enforcement because he's
only lived here since August, he seems very friendly and his wife is
cordial, we've gotten along well, he invited me in to give him advice
on plumbing, and he's offered to fix my car if it breaks, and he never
talked about anything bothering him before I got the paper from the
county. I can't believe he'd go straight to them without talking to me
first.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Uh huh.

I've never seen a snake around here and I last saw a rat 20 years ago.
But if there were a snake, unless it poisonous, that would be fine by
me. *I wanted to live next to a stream to be near wildlife. * And
because there is a stream, they built a sewer main beside it, as they
often do. *I guess that's where the rat 20 years ago came from.

Despite all that I don't think he called code enforcement because he's
only lived here since August, he seems very friendly and his wife is
cordial, we've gotten along well, he invited me in to give him advice
on plumbing, and he's offered to fix my car if it breaks, and he never
talked about anything bothering him before I got the paper from the
county. I can't believe he'd go straight to them without talking to me
first. *

Are you related to Homer Simpson? The guy DID already talk to you
about some of the stuff in your yard. Do you think MAYBE he was
saying he wanted to get rid of most of the junk in his own yard as a
hint that MAYBE he doesn't like looking at crap in your yard? You
state that he's only lived there since August. Hmmmm, that seems
about the right amount of time. He's been somewhat reasonable,
dropping hints and waiting. Should he have told you straight up to
clean up or else? Yeah. But in my experience, had he done that,
then you'd be here whinning about how unreasonable he was instead of
cleaning up anyway.

Since this is a townhome, I'd be surprised if there isn't a governing
body with rules, regulations, covenanats, etc., which are far more
strict on controlling what is or isn't allowed than any town
ordinances.
Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

Despite all that I don't think he called code enforcement because he's
only lived here since August, he seems very friendly and his wife is
cordial, we've gotten along well, he invited me in to give him advice
on plumbing, and he's offered to fix my car if it breaks, and he never
talked about anything bothering him before I got the paper from the
county. I can't believe he'd go straight to them without talking to me
first.

Now you've got it.........the guy is nice and friendly. He wants to
remain on friendly terms. That is
why he might have submitted an anonymous complaint to the code
enforcement folks. I would
NEVER discuss code violations with a neighbor and then complain to the
city. Perfect way to
end a cordial relationship, or worse. And I have experienced a lot of
the "worse", even
anonymously. I don't call up the code folks every week, but in my condo
the code violations
have been pretty serious (rotted roof beam in atrium that is not
enclosed, lack of lighting on exterior
stairway at night, etc.). You haven't seen vicious until a couple of
speculators buy into a condo and
then someone presses for a substantial maintenance project; folks can
get really, really serious in
how they go about silencing those who oppose them.

Gasoline Storage Problem? Dwight Home Repair 25 February 14th 07 06:05 PM
I want to test C#code ,how Can i study ,? I want to get C# code What site.? [email protected] Home Repair 6 June 13th 06 05:33 AM
Gasoline Storage Pop Home Repair 36 February 5th 06 09:14 AM
FBI SADISM, PERVERSION, MENTAL TORTURE and BLATANT human rights violations vicky Woodworking 15 October 12th 04 05:09 PM