Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Code violations, including storage of gasoline outside?

clipped

Despite all that I don't think he called code enforcement because he's
only lived here since August, he seems very friendly and his wife is
cordial, we've gotten along well, he invited me in to give him advice
on plumbing, and he's offered to fix my car if it breaks, and he never
talked about anything bothering him before I got the paper from the
county. I can't believe he'd go straight to them without talking to me
first.

Now you've got it.........the guy is nice and friendly. He wants to
remain on friendly terms. That is
why he might have submitted an anonymous complaint to the code
enforcement folks. I would
NEVER discuss code violations with a neighbor and then complain to the
city. Perfect way to
end a cordial relationship, or worse. And I have experienced a lot of
the "worse", even
anonymously. I don't call up the code folks every week, but in my condo
the code violations
have been pretty serious (rotted roof beam in atrium that is not
enclosed, lack of lighting on exterior
stairway at night, etc.). You haven't seen vicious until a couple of
speculators buy into a condo and
then someone presses for a substantial maintenance project; folks can
get really, really serious in
how they go about silencing those who oppose them.