Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Code violations, including storage of gasoline outside?

"mm" wrote

Tarp TWO covers the second level of a stack of lawnmowers, to
protect them from the rain. The tarp is tucked in and only covers the
second layer. Two lawnmowers on each level, with a piece of t-111 in
between to stabilize the second.

No way to say this especially nicely ... a STACK of lawnmowers???

Sounds like a junk yard, and if I was your neighbor, I'd be annoyed,
too.

nancy

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Olley" wrote:

"Nancy Young" wrote
No way to say this especially nicely ... a STACK of lawnmowers???

Sounds like a junk yard, and if I was your neighbor, I'd be annoyed,
too.

nancy

LOL, this is a hoot! The original poster must be a troll. Could you
imagine living besides someone like this?

Then, they wonder why the code inspector is on them.

I shudder to think what the inside of their place is like.

Torching the place seems to be the best idea, to clean this rat trap up.

Sorry, newbie, but mm is not a troll. Maybe a tad eccentric, but an
intelligent, pleasant, thoughtful, humorous, daily contributor to the
group. I find it odd that he thinks that tarps, stacks of lawnmowers,
and sheets of plywood lying around would fly in a townhouse setting, but
then he collects spray paint nozzles, so it fits his personality.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Olley" wrote
"Nancy Young" wrote

No way to say this especially nicely ... a STACK of lawnmowers???

LOL, this is a hoot! The original poster must be a troll. Could you
imagine living besides someone like this?

Grin, I had a next door neighbor like that, but he kept it all behind his
fenced back yard. I had no issues with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote

Sorry, newbie, but mm is not a troll. Maybe a tad eccentric, but an
intelligent, pleasant, thoughtful, humorous, daily contributor to the
group. I find it odd that he thinks that tarps, stacks of lawnmowers,
and sheets of plywood lying around would fly in a townhouse setting, but
then he collects spray paint nozzles, so it fits his personality.

Agreed. He's just run astray of what is normally considered acceptable in a
townhouse environment, but would be fine in a fenced backyard g.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nancy Young wrote:

"mm" wrote

Tarp TWO covers the second level of a stack of lawnmowers, to
protect them from the rain. The tarp is tucked in and only covers the
second layer. Two lawnmowers on each level, with a piece of t-111 in
between to stabilize the second.

No way to say this especially nicely ... a STACK of lawnmowers???

Sounds like a junk yard, and if I was your neighbor, I'd be annoyed,
too.

nancy

I've had the feeling for a while the OP is pulling our leg..........hard
to believe he has all this stuff in front of his house
and then is surprised that someone complained.

Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

Sorry, newbie, but mm is not a troll. Maybe a tad eccentric, but an
intelligent, pleasant, thoughtful, humorous, daily contributor to the
group. I find it odd that he thinks that tarps, stacks of lawnmowers,
and sheets of plywood lying around would fly in a townhouse setting, but
then he collects spray paint nozzles, so it fits his personality.

A person that I know is an inveterate collector of leftover parts. He
was taught from a very young
age, by his dad, how to build or repair just about anything. I forget
the story about the broken
drive shaft on one of his first cars, but it might have had something to
do with duct tape ) He
keeps all kinds of spare parts and knows their value. My "pack rat"
stacks tend to be things
that the kids and grandkids made or gave me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Ah, but does he save paper clips and bread bag twist ties?

No, but I do ) You can never have enough twist ties. I used to have
a friend who washed
and reused plastic bread bags. No too bad an idea if you have the
time. She saved a tub
full of water once. Her hubby had to shut off the water to do some
plumbing, so he filled
the tub first so's she would have water for cooking and doing dishes. I
was at their house
for dinner a couple of weeks later and she was still working on that tub
of water (boiled
first) to do dishes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Olley" wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote
Sorry, newbie, but mm is not a troll. Maybe a tad eccentric, but an
intelligent, pleasant, thoughtful, humorous, daily contributor to the
group. I find it odd that he thinks that tarps, stacks of lawnmowers,
and sheets of plywood lying around would fly in a townhouse setting, but
then he collects spray paint nozzles, so it fits his personality.

Birds of a feather...... you know the rest.

Being a "newbie" (chuckle), I shouldn't have to tell you about newsgroup
etiquette, as far as snipping is concerned.

Well, both your comments sailed right over my silly little head. I have
no idea what the hell you're talking about with the birds of a feather
comment; that's a total non-sequitur, and snipping etiquette, what the
hell does that mean, either?

You may not be a newbie to usenet, but you're clearly a newbie to this
group. Maybe you should sit back and shut up until you figure out who's
who and what's what around here. Ain't that the etiquette you think you
know all about?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

She's got me beat. I've been known to let the tub of hot water sit till it
gets cool. I mean, I'm the guy who paid to heat that water. It can release
MY heat in the house, or in the drain.

As much as she pinched pennies, and she pinched harder than anyone else
that I know, she was also
very generous. Good cook, great company, great neighbor and she fed me
many times. Her hubby
was disabled with emphysema, but equally a great friend and good
neighbor. I forget what went
wrong....car trouble? broken sprinkler?......but I had a problem one
day and Bob got on his riding
mower to come across the street to help me out. He couldn't walk that
far, but he did help me.
Another neighbor, at the same place, lived behind me and I had never met
him. He saw the sprinkler
repairman in my back yard one day and came over to ask the guy what he
was up to ......it hadn't
appeared that there was work going on and the neighbor was just making
sure I was OK. Boy,
do I miss good neighbors!!!