Posted to alt.home.repair

Default basic wireing

I am installing a whirlpool tub and am running a new circuit for the
pump. I am installing a metal electrical box inside the tub surround
and hooking up a GFI receptacle.Do I hook the ground wire to the
receptacle (it has a screw for ground) or do I attach the ground to
the electrical box and then to the receptacle?

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I am installing a whirlpool tub and am running a new circuit for the
pump. I am installing a metal electrical box inside the tub surround
and hooking up a GFI receptacle.Do I hook the ground wire to the
receptacle (it has a screw for ground) or do I attach the ground to
the electrical box and then to the receptacle?

Thanks

You connect the ground conductor to the box and then to the receptacle.
Since you're using a metal box, you need to bond the box to the motor and
any metal water pipes near or associated with the tub, as well as any other
support equipment that came bonded together, using a #8 solid conductor

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 9, 10:08*am, wrote:
I am installing a whirlpool tub and am running a new circuit for the
pump. I am installing a metal electrical box inside the tub surround
and hooking up a GFI receptacle.Do I hook the ground wire to the
receptacle (it has a screw for ground) or do I attach the ground to
the electrical box and then to the receptacle?

Thanks

If you mount a GFCI receptacle inside the tub surround, how are you
going to access it for testing and reseting in necessary? Other then
that I agree with RBM.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eric9822" wrote in message
On Mar 9, 10:08 am, wrote:
I am installing a whirlpool tub and am running a new circuit for the
pump. I am installing a metal electrical box inside the tub surround
and hooking up a GFI receptacle.Do I hook the ground wire to the
receptacle (it has a screw for ground) or do I attach the ground to
the electrical box and then to the receptacle?

Thanks

If you mount a GFCI receptacle inside the tub surround, how are you
going to access it for testing and reseting in necessary? Other then
that I agree with RBM.

Many new tubs come with very short cord and plugs on them, so you install
the outlet next to the plug, accessible through the access hatch

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 10, 4:09*am, "RBM" wrote:
"Eric9822" wrote in message

On Mar 9, 10:08 am, wrote:

I am installing a whirlpool tub and am running a new circuit for the
pump. I am installing a metal electrical box inside the tub surround
and hooking up a GFI receptacle.Do I hook the ground wire to the
receptacle (it has a screw for ground) or do I attach the ground to
the electrical box and then to the receptacle?

Thanks

If you mount a GFCI receptacle inside the tub surround, how are you
going to access it for testing and reseting in necessary? *Other then
that I agree with RBM.

Many new tubs come with very short cord and plugs on them, so you install
the outlet next to the plug, accessible through the access hatch

I guess that makes sense. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eric9822" wrote in message
On Mar 10, 4:09 am, "RBM" wrote:
"Eric9822" wrote in message

On Mar 9, 10:08 am, wrote:

I am installing a whirlpool tub and am running a new circuit for the
pump. I am installing a metal electrical box inside the tub surround
and hooking up a GFI receptacle.Do I hook the ground wire to the
receptacle (it has a screw for ground) or do I attach the ground to
the electrical box and then to the receptacle?

Thanks

If you mount a GFCI receptacle inside the tub surround, how are you
going to access it for testing and reseting in necessary? Other then
that I agree with RBM.

Many new tubs come with very short cord and plugs on them, so you install
the outlet next to the plug, accessible through the access hatch

I guess that makes sense. Thanks.

You can do it another way, like John Grabowski suggested on a previous,
similar post. Install a standard outlet under the tub, protected by a
faceless GFCI, installed in a more accessible location

suggest basic func/signal generator for basic scope test/setup ? robb Home Repair 9 October 6th 07 07:10 PM
Colours of 1950s wireing. Dave Fawthrop UK diy 28 December 18th 06 11:47 PM
Aluminum Wireing Born2 Home Repair 15 September 6th 06 05:41 PM
Potterton EP3002 wireing diagram Simon Coupland UK diy 3 September 4th 06 09:54 PM
Wireing a duct fan into a basic US 110V outlet [email protected] Home Repair 5 January 14th 06 12:57 AM