Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric9822 Eric9822 is offline

Default basic wireing

On Mar 10, 4:09*am, "RBM" wrote:
"Eric9822" wrote in message

On Mar 9, 10:08 am, wrote:

I am installing a whirlpool tub and am running a new circuit for the
pump. I am installing a metal electrical box inside the tub surround
and hooking up a GFI receptacle.Do I hook the ground wire to the
receptacle (it has a screw for ground) or do I attach the ground to
the electrical box and then to the receptacle?

Thanks

If you mount a GFCI receptacle inside the tub surround, how are you
going to access it for testing and reseting in necessary? *Other then
that I agree with RBM.

Many new tubs come with very short cord and plugs on them, so you install
the outlet next to the plug, accessible through the access hatch

I guess that makes sense. Thanks.