Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default basic wireing

wrote in message
I am installing a whirlpool tub and am running a new circuit for the
pump. I am installing a metal electrical box inside the tub surround
and hooking up a GFI receptacle.Do I hook the ground wire to the
receptacle (it has a screw for ground) or do I attach the ground to
the electrical box and then to the receptacle?

Thanks

You connect the ground conductor to the box and then to the receptacle.
Since you're using a metal box, you need to bond the box to the motor and
any metal water pipes near or associated with the tub, as well as any other
support equipment that came bonded together, using a #8 solid conductor