Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Acid Stained Floors

I have a guy proposing to do my floors and he says his preferred
technique is to put a thin layer of new concrete (almost paper thin)
over the existing slab before staining. Googling on this topic hasn't
shown me that anyone else uses this technique; seems like the new
layer might be brittle. Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea?

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

Greg Esres wrote:
I have a guy proposing to do my floors and he says his preferred
technique is to put a thin layer of new concrete (almost paper thin)
over the existing slab before staining. Googling on this topic hasn't
shown me that anyone else uses this technique; seems like the new
layer might be brittle. Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea?

Thanks

If he is talking about truly paper thin, then it will last until
you sweep it the first time. If he is talking about doing a 1/4"
overlay, then that is a standard procedure and does well,
epecially indoors. A company here does this and I have
contracted them to do several driveways and so far, so good.
They have been in place for about 9 years (the longest) and still
look good as far as the structure goes (by that I mean they do
not look new anymore).

http://www.concretela.com/overlay.php

http://www.askthebuilder.com/429_Con...Overlays.shtml

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Alliison wrote:

If he is talking about truly paper thin, then it will last until you
sweep it the first time. If he is talking about doing a 1/4" overlay,
then that is a standard procedure and does well, epecially indoors.

Thank you. That gives me some reference point to start asking
questions. I don't know how serious he was about "paper thin".

Offgassing from vinyl floors vs. laminate floors Harry Muscle Home Repair 20 September 10th 16 06:09 PM
Acid wstiefer Metalworking 7 March 11th 08 09:48 PM
Offgassing from vinyl floors vs. laminate floors Harry Muscle Home Ownership 17 September 8th 06 05:04 AM
Acid Weatherlawyer UK diy 23 June 27th 06 10:31 PM
stained concrete (interior) floors [email protected] Home Repair 4 July 6th 05 10:36 PM