Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Default Acid

Where can I get Nitric Acid? I know I can get Hydrochloric Acid from a
builder's yard as it is used as a cleaner for bricks.

Is there a similar source for nitric acid?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Where can I get Nitric Acid? I know I can get Hydrochloric Acid from a
builder's yard as it is used as a cleaner for bricks.

Is there a similar source for nitric acid?

First hit on Google FFS!

http://www.lab-reagents.com/index.as...T&productid=41

Sparks...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Googlebot

John Rumm wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:

Where can I get Nitric Acid? I know I can get Hydrochloric Acid from a
builder's yard as it is used as a cleaner for bricks.

Is there a similar source for nitric acid?

http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp

Just don`t buy lots, the anti terrorist branch may come knocking on your
door.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Googlebot
writes

**** them

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 23:16:35 GMT, Googlebot wrote:

Just don`t buy lots, the anti terrorist branch may come knocking on your
door.

I need to buy "quite a bit" of citric acid, that gets the drug squad
knocking at your door.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

John Rumm wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:

Where can I get Nitric Acid? I know I can get Hydrochloric Acid from a
builder's yard as it is used as a cleaner for bricks.

Is there a similar source for nitric acid?

http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp

Sorry my bad. I dont want to pay £30/pnt and I don't need Analar. I
just wondered if there is a semi bulk source similar to that for brick
acid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 00:07:20 GMT, raden wrote:

|In message , Googlebot
writes
|John Rumm wrote:
| Weatherlawyer wrote:
|
| Where can I get Nitric Acid? I know I can get Hydrochloric Acid from
|
| builder's yard as it is used as a cleaner for bricks.
|
| Is there a similar source for nitric acid?
| http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp
|

|Just don`t buy lots, the anti terrorist branch may come knocking on
|your door.
|
|**** them

The reverse may occur :-(
Posted to uk.d-i-y
marvelus

John Rumm wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:

Where can I get Nitric Acid? I know I can get Hydrochloric Acid from

builder's yard as it is used as a cleaner for bricks.

Is there a similar source for nitric acid?
http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp

Just don`t buy lots, the anti terrorist branch may come knocking on
your door.

They wont knock on your door they will come through it when you are
not there.

**** them

Having ingredients for high explosive makes you a terrorist suspect,
being a terrorist suspect shuts down a lot of life options even if the
morons dont kill you or lock you up. Being blatently not ( I assume) a
Muslim is no imunity.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
HLAH

John Rumm wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:

Where can I get Nitric Acid? I know I can get Hydrochloric Acid from a
builder's yard as it is used as a cleaner for bricks.

Is there a similar source for nitric acid?

http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp

Sorry my bad. I dont want to pay £30/pnt and I don't need Analar. I
just wondered if there is a semi bulk source similar to that for brick
acid.

Oh go on and tell us what you want it for?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof

In message , Steve Firth
writes
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 23:16:35 GMT, Googlebot wrote:

Just don`t buy lots, the anti terrorist branch may come knocking on your
door.

I need to buy "quite a bit" of citric acid, that gets the drug squad
knocking at your door.

Amazingly it's 'behind the counter' stuff at Holland and Barrett.

--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof

In message , John
Rumm writes
Weatherlawyer wrote:

http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp

That Max Headroom character's wonderful.

--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
if you post from Google I won't see it. N.B. the preceding sig is
copyright free, feel free to copy it. == bof at bof dot me dot uk ==
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:47:17 +0100, "HLAH" wrote:

|"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
roups.com...

|John Rumm wrote:
| Weatherlawyer wrote:
|
| Where can I get Nitric Acid? I know I can get Hydrochloric Acid from a
| builder's yard as it is used as a cleaner for bricks.
|
| Is there a similar source for nitric acid?
|
| http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp
|
|Sorry my bad. I dont want to pay ?30/pnt and I don't need Analar. I
|just wondered if there is a semi bulk source similar to that for brick
|acid.
|

|Oh go on and tell us what you want it for?

Getting rid of a body?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from bof contains these words:

http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp

That Max Headroom character's wonderful.

The whole site looks like a honeypot set to catch would-be bomb makers!

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bof

In message , Guy King
writes
The message
from bof contains these words:

http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp

That Max Headroom character's wonderful.

The whole site looks like a honeypot set to catch would-be bomb makers!

Yes, there is something rather odd about their range of products.

--
Due to the very painful lack of quoting Google promotes, all Usenet
posts originating from Google users are now deleted unseen, this means
if you post from Google I won't see it. N.B. the preceding sig is
copyright free, feel free to copy it. == bof at bof dot me dot uk ==

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Guy King wrote:
The message
from bof contains these words:

http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp

That Max Headroom character's wonderful.

The whole site looks like a honeypot set to catch would-be bomb makers!

So what would the citric acid be used in? Ribinladen?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message .com
from "Weatherlawyer" contains these words:

The whole site looks like a honeypot set to catch would-be bomb makers!

So what would the citric acid be used in? Ribinladen?

Nah, it's for use in the well known sour-grapes bomb. Causes the victim
to pucker up for days.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan

bof wrote:

That Max Headroom character's wonderful.

Have you noticed that his eyes follow the cursor around the screen?
They're watching me! Tin foil hat on.

The whole site looks like a honeypot set to catch would-be bomb makers!

Yes, there is something rather odd about their range of products.

I thought it was just me; Screwfix for IEDs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Beelzebub

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...
Where can I get Nitric Acid? I know I can get Hydrochloric Acid from a
builder's yard as it is used as a cleaner for bricks.

Is there a similar source for nitric acid?

I got mine from a silver/goldsmith supplier in Glasgow. Cookson Gold
website may have it, but obviously they may not deliver. Failing that, try
VWR or Farnell on the web.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Googlebot

raden wrote:
In message , Googlebot
writes

John Rumm wrote:

Weatherlawyer wrote:

Where can I get Nitric Acid? I know I can get Hydrochloric Acid from
builder's yard as it is used as a cleaner for bricks.

Is there a similar source for nitric acid?

http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp

Just don`t buy lots, the anti terrorist branch may come knocking on
your door.

**** them

LOL

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , marvelus
writes

John Rumm wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:

Where can I get Nitric Acid? I know I can get Hydrochloric Acid from

builder's yard as it is used as a cleaner for bricks.

Is there a similar source for nitric acid?
http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp

Just don`t buy lots, the anti terrorist branch may come knocking on
your door.

They wont knock on your door they will come through it when you are
not there.

**** them

Having ingredients for high explosive makes you a terrorist suspect,
being a terrorist suspect shuts down a lot of life options even if the
morons dont kill you or lock you up.

But I wouldn't buy them personally, my company would

Being blatently not ( I assume) a
Muslim is no imunity.

I'm married to one

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , bof
writes
In message , John
Rumm writes
Weatherlawyer wrote:

http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp

That Max Headroom character's wonderful.

Except that you CAN'T get him to go x-eyed by putting the pointer on his
nose (I take it you discovered his eyes follow the pointer around)

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

On 27 Jun 2006 03:51:27 -0700, Weatherlawyer wrote:

So what would the citric acid be used in?

It's used for the preparation of heroin for injection, I discovered when I
had searching questions about my need for a couple of kilos of citric acid.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:25:20 +0100, bof wrote:

That Max Headroom character's wonderful.

"Scary" is the word.