Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is this growing in my yard?

s this some weed? How do i get rid of this? I live in SoutheastTexas
and i have St. Augustine grass. It is growing in patches sparsely
throughout my front and back yard. Thanks.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...cture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...cture001-1.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
s this some weed? How do i get rid of this? I live in SoutheastTexas
and i have St. Augustine grass. It is growing in patches sparsely
throughout my front and back yard. Thanks.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...cture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...cture001-1.jpg

Given your location, it's probably a type of oxalis rather than clover, but
the difference is largely academic and the two are similar in appearance --
except when flowering.. It's a tough plant to get rid of, but if you let it
go it can take over --

Posted to alt.home.repair
SRN SRN is offline

wrote in message
s this some weed? How do i get rid of this? I live in SoutheastTexas
and i have St. Augustine grass. It is growing in patches sparsely
throughout my front and back yard. Thanks.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...cture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...cture001-1.jpg

I don't know what the weeds are, but I enjoyed looking at the beautiful
women in your photo album,...........oh, and the cars are cool, too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" writes:

s this some weed? How do i get rid of this? I live in SoutheastTexas
and i have St. Augustine grass. It is growing in patches sparsely
throughout my front and back yard. Thanks.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...cture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...cture001-1.jpg

Clover or lemon grass.

Lemon grass will form small yellow flowers, has a thin stems
and grows 4 inches tall or more.

Clover stays lower to the ground with purple or white flowers.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Una Una is offline

Clover or a relative. If you don't like it weed it out now, while it is
small. Or wait until next year, and hit it with an herbicide that stops
germination of dicot (ie not grass) seeds, then weed out the survivors.
Odds are, much of it is growing from seed.

Una

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , " wrote:
s this some weed? How do i get rid of this? I live in SoutheastTexas
and i have St. Augustine grass. It is growing in patches sparsely
throughout my front and back yard. Thanks.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...&current=Pictu
re002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...&current=Pictu
re001-1.jpg

It looks like clover to me too. See:

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7490.html

I would also visit a "real" garden center (not Home Depot) and
ask their advice on herbicides. They will know what's approved
in your state and generally suitable for the local climate
and soil conditions.

If you don't like that stuff, deal with it now. Clover will
spread quite agressively and that will only make it harder
to control.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
s this some weed? How do i get rid of this? I live in SoutheastTexas
and i have St. Augustine grass. It is growing in patches sparsely
throughout my front and back yard. Thanks.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...cture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...cture001-1.jpg

It looks like oxalis to me. If it begins to give bright yellow flowers
on a tallish stem, it definitely is. It will pretty much disappear by
May or June and then come back quadruple next winter. Good luck getting
rid of it. I've been trying for two years, making limited headway.
It's almost impossible to clear out without destroying everything else
growing near it.

Paul in San Francisco
Posted to alt.home.repair

Clover used to be considered advantageous for lawns. It greens up faster
than grass and fixes nitrogen so it helps the soil. Weed & Feed kills it
along with other broadleaf weeds so the fertilizer companies just listed
clover as a weed on their packaging and now thats how many people think of
it.

"readandpostrosie" wrote in message
i'm with you, i LOVE clover!

--

YES WE CAN!
http://tinyurl.com/28d5zt

"Marina" wrote in message
wrote in
:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:12:52 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

s this some weed? How do i get rid of this? I live in SoutheastTexas
and i have St. Augustine grass. It is growing in patches sparsely
throughout my front and back yard. Thanks.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...ion=view&curre
nt=Picture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...ion=view&curre
nt=Picture001-1.jpg

It lookes like the greenest thing you have. I would keep it

Looks like clover. A lot of people don't like it. Don't know why
because
it stays green and is low growing. The small flowers it has and they
supply bees with nectar.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Jeff wrote:
Clover used to be considered advantageous for lawns. It greens up faster
than grass and fixes nitrogen so it helps the soil. ...

Yep, and particularly, once N levels reach values grasses like, the
clover will gradually fade on its own to regenerate more densely when N
levels fall again...all in all, not much to be said against it imo.

White clover, anyway...some of the red or field clovers are pretty
coarse for lawns--I didn't look at pic's but from what others have said
I'd presume that's what OP has (white, that is)...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 17:58:50 -0600, "SRN" wrote:

wrote in message
s this some weed? How do i get rid of this? I live in SoutheastTexas
and i have St. Augustine grass. It is growing in patches sparsely
throughout my front and back yard. Thanks.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...cture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...cture001-1.jpg

I don't know what the weeds are, but I enjoyed looking at the beautiful
women in your photo album,...........oh, and the cars are cool, too.

Pussy is good.

Feed the Kitty

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 21:45:24 -0500, Mark Witczak wrote:

It's clover. Set a bear trap on it and just wait for Lucky the
leprechaun to show up. Then take his pot of gold and hire a gardener to
re-sod your yard.

You're confusing clover with shamrock, which only grows in Ireland.

As do leprechauns :-)

--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:09:53 GMT, Aardvark
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 21:45:24 -0500, Mark Witczak wrote:

It's clover. Set a bear trap on it and just wait for Lucky the
leprechaun to show up. Then take his pot of gold and hire a gardener to
re-sod your yard.

You're confusing clover with shamrock, which only grows in Ireland.

As do leprechauns :-)

In this area of the country it is called snow and ice, and we are sick
to death of it.
--

Grandpa Chuck
-τΏτ-

Please grant me:
the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
the courage to change the one that I can
the wisdom to know that it is me

What is this growing in my yard? [email protected] Home Ownership 9 February 15th 08 05:26 AM
Grass growing jIM Home Repair 16 June 17th 06 12:33 AM
Moss growing on roof m Ransley Home Repair 1 November 2nd 05 02:39 PM
Grass growing.. now what? Michael Cunningham Home Ownership 4 September 25th 04 02:05 AM
Mold growing in the attic jeff Home Repair 3 February 5th 04 07:48 PM