Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default What is this growing in my yard?

Jeff wrote:
Clover used to be considered advantageous for lawns. It greens up faster
than grass and fixes nitrogen so it helps the soil. ...

Yep, and particularly, once N levels reach values grasses like, the
clover will gradually fade on its own to regenerate more densely when N
levels fall again...all in all, not much to be said against it imo.

White clover, anyway...some of the red or field clovers are pretty
coarse for lawns--I didn't look at pic's but from what others have said
I'd presume that's what OP has (white, that is)...