Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul MR Paul MR is offline

Default What is this growing in my yard?

wrote:
s this some weed? How do i get rid of this? I live in SoutheastTexas
and i have St. Augustine grass. It is growing in patches sparsely
throughout my front and back yard. Thanks.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...cture002-1.jpg
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...cture001-1.jpg

It looks like oxalis to me. If it begins to give bright yellow flowers
on a tallish stem, it definitely is. It will pretty much disappear by
May or June and then come back quadruple next winter. Good luck getting
rid of it. I've been trying for two years, making limited headway.
It's almost impossible to clear out without destroying everything else
growing near it.

Paul in San Francisco