Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default FEMA TRAILERS

People are complaining about "toxic FEMA trailers"

They look like regular old camper /rv trailers.
We've got tens of thousands in the southwest.

Does this toxicity apply to all RV's ?
????

rj
Posted to alt.home.repair

People are complaining about "toxic FEMA trailers"

They look like regular old camper /rv trailers.
We've got tens of thousands in the southwest.

Does this toxicity apply to all RV's ?
????

I am not sure if your question is serious or not, but I'll respond in case
you are serious.

The FEMA thing has to do with elevated formaldehyde levels. If you're
concerned, you might look into having the levels tested, if that is even
possible.

Or sleep with the windows open.

Posted to alt.home.repair

People are complaining about "toxic FEMA trailers"

They look like regular old camper /rv trailers. We've got tens of
thousands in the southwest.

Does this toxicity apply to all RV's ? ????

The Toxic gases (I think Formaldehyde) comes from the materials used for
the cabinets and simulated wood paneling. Any home (traditional or
manufactured) could have this same problem if they used the same low
grade material.

The other point I think is the amount of time exposure, if you live
months on end in your RV, and your walls are covered in the cheap
simulated wood products, then yes, it might be a problem for you. But
normally RVs are considered to be for temporary recreational use, and the
makers might feel OK with a higher toxic gas levels to save cost. (not
price to buyer, cost and profits to maker.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

RJ wrote:
People are complaining about "toxic FEMA trailers"

They look like regular old camper /rv trailers.
We've got tens of thousands in the southwest.

Does this toxicity apply to all RV's ?
????

rj

I don't have a definitive answer, but there was a story on TV here about that.
The TV reporter interviewed an RV dealer. The dealer said that all RVs have
formaldehyde in their materials. But, if they are thoroughly aired out before
they are used they will be ok. He said the biggest problem with the FEMA
trailers was that they were stored for a long time without being aired out,
so they developed high levels of formaldehyde. The dealer said that he always
aired his RVs out before selling them.

Bill Gill

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message ...

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:48:46 -0500, "Buck Turgidson"
wrote:

People are complaining about "toxic FEMA trailers"

They look like regular old camper /rv trailers.
We've got tens of thousands in the southwest.

Does this toxicity apply to all RV's ?
????

I am not sure if your question is serious or not, but I'll respond in case
you are serious.

Who appointed you as Judge and Jury?
Do you think people post on topic messages just to practice typing?

His reaction to the original question MAY have been based on the fact that
this "toxic trailer" thing is such old news that you have to be living in a
cave to not have been aware of it a year ago. It was front page news.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Who appointed you as Judge and Jury?
Do you think people post on topic messages just to practice typing?

**** off.

FEMA mailer: The Cost of Flooding Ablang Home Ownership 3 January 15th 07 01:32 AM
New FEMA contract HeyBub Home Repair 11 October 22nd 06 03:48 AM
FEMA travel trailers and the bigger ones. mm Home Repair 27 February 27th 06 11:02 PM
FEMA JerryL Home Repair 41 February 8th 06 01:04 PM
The Shrub Fires FEMA Director! G Henslee Home Repair 3 September 13th 05 02:06 AM