Posted to alt.home.repair
BillGill BillGill is offline

Default FEMA TRAILERS

RJ wrote:
People are complaining about "toxic FEMA trailers"

They look like regular old camper /rv trailers.
We've got tens of thousands in the southwest.

Does this toxicity apply to all RV's ?
????

rj

I don't have a definitive answer, but there was a story on TV here about that.
The TV reporter interviewed an RV dealer. The dealer said that all RVs have
formaldehyde in their materials. But, if they are thoroughly aired out before
they are used they will be ok. He said the biggest problem with the FEMA
trailers was that they were stored for a long time without being aired out,
so they developed high levels of formaldehyde. The dealer said that he always
aired his RVs out before selling them.

Bill Gill