Posted to alt.home.repair
Phil again Phil again is offline

Default FEMA TRAILERS

People are complaining about "toxic FEMA trailers"

They look like regular old camper /rv trailers. We've got tens of
thousands in the southwest.

Does this toxicity apply to all RV's ? ????

The Toxic gases (I think Formaldehyde) comes from the materials used for
the cabinets and simulated wood paneling. Any home (traditional or
manufactured) could have this same problem if they used the same low
grade material.

The other point I think is the amount of time exposure, if you live
months on end in your RV, and your walls are covered in the cheap
simulated wood products, then yes, it might be a problem for you. But
normally RVs are considered to be for temporary recreational use, and the
makers might feel OK with a higher toxic gas levels to save cost. (not
price to buyer, cost and profits to maker.)