Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Door Catch Jig?

There are lots of door lock jigs out there, but I can't seem to find any
door catch jigs for the jam. Anybody know of such an animal?
Posted to alt.home.repair
cm cm is offline

Mike,

I have one that came in a door hanging kit manufactured by Empire tools out
of Wisconsin. I bought the kit years ago at HD on clearance for $40.00 and
have used it to hang 30 - 40 doors. The original price for the whole kit was
only $75.00 or less. You might contact Empire and see if you can get one.
The kit had the jigs for routering the hinges, backsets, and striker plates.
Let me know if you do get one. I would like another one for back up.

cm
"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
There are lots of door lock jigs out there, but I can't seem to find any
door catch jigs for the jam. Anybody know of such an animal?

Posted to alt.home.repair

CM wrote:
Mike,

I have one that came in a door hanging kit manufactured by Empire tools out
of Wisconsin. I bought the kit years ago at HD on clearance for $40.00 and
have used it to hang 30 - 40 doors. The original price for the whole kit was
only $75.00 or less. You might contact Empire and see if you can get one.
The kit had the jigs for routering the hinges, backsets, and striker plates.
Let me know if you do get one. I would like another one for back up.

Can't find that, but I did find something else from Porter Cable at
http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buye...&zipcode=65803

Porter-Cable 59375 Strike and Latch Template. Dewalt has a very nice
door lockset jig for about $25 at Home Depot or Lowes. The Irwin brand
also has a sort of mortising jig for the outline of the door plate.
Your info helped me redo my search to find this. Thanks! Ordering tonight!

cm
"Mike Dobony" wrote in message
There are lots of door lock jigs out there, but I can't seem to find any
door catch jigs for the jam. Anybody know of such an animal?

Posted to alt.home.repair
cm cm is offline

Mike,

I would be very interested in what you end up with and how well it works.

Thanks,

Craig
CM wrote:
[...]

WTB door knob catch recessed in wall KaiS. Home Repair 5 February 28th 20 09:44 PM
need push-to-open sprung door catch sm_jamieson UK diy 2 February 1st 07 05:29 PM
Catch It Now Weatherlawyer UK diy 0 February 22nd 06 12:32 AM
Catch It Now Weatherlawyer UK diy 0 February 21st 06 11:37 PM
Door catch on Bosch Tumble Drier RzB UK diy 6 January 14th 06 12:14 AM