DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Door Catch Jig? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/229309-door-catch-jig.html)

Mike Dobony[_2_] January 9th 08 11:47 PM

Door Catch Jig?

There are lots of door lock jigs out there, but I can't seem to find any
door catch jigs for the jam. Anybody know of such an animal?

cm January 10th 08 12:11 AM

Door Catch Jig?

Mike,

I have one that came in a door hanging kit manufactured by Empire tools out
of Wisconsin. I bought the kit years ago at HD on clearance for $40.00 and
have used it to hang 30 - 40 doors. The original price for the whole kit was
only $75.00 or less. You might contact Empire and see if you can get one.
The kit had the jigs for routering the hinges, backsets, and striker plates.
Let me know if you do get one. I would like another one for back up.

cm

Mike Dobony[_2_] January 10th 08 12:29 AM

Door Catch Jig?

CM wrote:
Mike,

I have one that came in a door hanging kit manufactured by Empire tools out
of Wisconsin. I bought the kit years ago at HD on clearance for $40.00 and
have used it to hang 30 - 40 doors. The original price for the whole kit was
only $75.00 or less. You might contact Empire and see if you can get one.
The kit had the jigs for routering the hinges, backsets, and striker plates.
Let me know if you do get one. I would like another one for back up.

Can't find that, but I did find something else from Porter Cable at
http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buye...&zipcode=65803

Porter-Cable 59375 Strike and Latch Template. Dewalt has a very nice
door lockset jig for about $25 at Home Depot or Lowes. The Irwin brand
also has a sort of mortising jig for the outline of the door plate.
Your info helped me redo my search to find this. Thanks! Ordering tonight!

cm January 10th 08 12:37 AM

Door Catch Jig?

Mike,

I would be very interested in what you end up with and how well it works.

Thanks,

Craig