Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB

Default Door catch on Bosch Tumble Drier

We have a Bosch WTA 2000 Tumble Drier.

The door is VERY difficult to open...

We have had the machine for 6 years and
my wife tells me that it has been like it since
we bought it and that she has told me about
it a million times..... Hmmm...

Anyway - on close inspection I just don't
understand how it's supposed to work..

See pictures here of the door and catch ...
Click on "small" if you are not on broadband..

www.gillandroy.com/diy/tdrier/door

Is there some mechanism inside the casing
that is supposed to push the catch to the open
position ? Or what?

Many thanks,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

RzB wrote:
We have a Bosch WTA 2000 Tumble Drier.

The door is VERY difficult to open...

We have had the machine for 6 years and
my wife tells me that it has been like it since
we bought it and that she has told me about
it a million times..... Hmmm...

Anyway - on close inspection I just don't
understand how it's supposed to work..

See pictures here of the door and catch ...
Click on "small" if you are not on broadband..

www.gillandroy.com/diy/tdrier/door

Is there some mechanism inside the casing
that is supposed to push the catch to the open
position ? Or what?

Many thanks,
Roy

The machine is supposed release the catch automatically when machine has
completed it's given task(solenoid release)usually just before switch off.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
powerstation

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
RzB wrote:
We have a Bosch WTA 2000 Tumble Drier.

The door is VERY difficult to open...

We have had the machine for 6 years and
my wife tells me that it has been like it since
we bought it and that she has told me about
it a million times..... Hmmm...

Anyway - on close inspection I just don't
understand how it's supposed to work..

See pictures here of the door and catch ...
Click on "small" if you are not on broadband..

www.gillandroy.com/diy/tdrier/door

Is there some mechanism inside the casing
that is supposed to push the catch to the open
position ? Or what?

Many thanks,
Roy

The machine is supposed release the catch automatically when machine has
completed it's given task(solenoid release)usually just before switch off.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

No there is no such mechanism its just a pull it to open door, these are
stiff so much so it will eventually break the door rim. This machine is a
White Knight branded as a Bosch, they have several design of doors some of
which have a handle to open the door very easily others like yours have
none, you can easily fit a complete White Knight door with handle release if
it is a problem.

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB

RzB wrote:
[...]

Peter,

Many thanks for your help - yet again!!!

Is it one of these that I need?

http://www.sparesrus.biz/ol-catlg/crs-td-door-01.htm

I take it you did see my post yesterday re the thermostat
problem you helped with a few weeks ago.
All now working fine..

Thanks,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
powerstation

Peter,

Many thanks for your help - yet again!!!

Is it one of these that I need?

http://www.sparesrus.biz/ol-catlg/crs-td-door-01.htm

The either of the top two will fit, the bottom two have no handle release
like yours, it is not necessary to change it until it actually breaks it is
normal to be stiff to open.

I take it you did see my post yesterday re the thermostat
problem you helped with a few weeks ago.
All now working fine..

Yes glad to hear that

Thanks,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB

"powerstation" wrote in message

Peter,

Many thanks for your help - yet again!!!

Is it one of these that I need?

http://www.sparesrus.biz/ol-catlg/crs-td-door-01.htm

The either of the top two will fit, the bottom two have no handle release
like yours, it is not necessary to change it until it actually breaks it
is normal to be stiff to open.

Yes - It really is a swine to open.. Its a two hand
on the door and foot on the casing job :-)
I think I'll give my wife a jemmy to do it with!

Many thanks,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hellraiser

"RzB" wrote in message
"powerstation" wrote in message

Peter,

Many thanks for your help - yet again!!!

Is it one of these that I need?

http://www.sparesrus.biz/ol-catlg/crs-td-door-01.htm

The either of the top two will fit, the bottom two have no handle release
like yours, it is not necessary to change it until it actually breaks it
is normal to be stiff to open.

Yes - It really is a swine to open.. Its a two hand
on the door and foot on the casing job :-)
I think I'll give my wife a jemmy to do it with!

Beware with these - the plastic tab on the handle that the spring works
against usually snaps off, resulting in a floppy handle that doesn't stay
closed! Happened to me twice in the 7 years I've had my White Knight, thank
God it's easy to change (although getting the handle, crossbar and spring to
line up when under tension is sometimes troublesome).

Hellraiser............