Posted to alt.home.repair

Default grate

I wanna fix couple things at home (seems like it's a never ending
saga)

1) I have a cooktop (as oppose to gas range) which works decent but
it's old and paint is coming off and has plenty of stain. I don't want
to replace it because then my wife wants to get a matching oven. So I
was thinking to paint the top surface and 4 grates (I can't get the
same grate from manufacturing since they are obsolete). I cleaned
grates with Ammonia but they still don't look good.

I searched home depot for metal spray paint but all paints were for
cold surface. Is there any paint out there that I can use to pain top
of cooktop and grates which gets pretty hot?

2) I wanted to paint/stain my kitchen cabinets. A few of the cabinet
door have a heavy stain. Should I resurface them with glass paper and
then stain them, would that work?

I would really appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you,
Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

What is "glass paper"?

Posted to alt.home.repair

There are paints for automobile exhaust systems. I would think that
those would work. Check your local automotive supply house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

What is "glass paper"?

1. Another common term for sandpaper

2. More specifically, a form of sandpaper that uses an
abrasive grit made from quartz

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |

where to get replacement domestic drain grate? jkn UK diy 4 October 22nd 07 04:12 PM
Wooden Grate - How to do it Hoosierpopi Woodworking 5 July 29th 07 12:52 PM
Outhouse Plans in Grate Demand ! Nehmo Sergheyev Home Repair 33 June 11th 05 09:27 PM
fireplace grate oreo123 Home Repair 5 October 23rd 04 04:50 AM
OT - Use grate in Rumford fireplace...? Kenneth Woodworking 5 December 29th 03 07:05 PM