Posted to alt.home.repair

Default KaBoom automatic toilet cleaner

Have any of you tried this? I got one and was a little puzzled about
the installation. When I put the outlet tube down into the overflow
tube it caused a siphoning action that lowered the level in the tank
which caused the refill valve to open briefly about every ten minutes.
I relocated the outlet tube so it just barely enters the overflow tube
and it seems to work better. The instructions don't cover this and
there is no contact phone number to call. Does my solution sound right?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 23, 7:30*am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
Have any of you tried this? *I got one and was a little puzzled about
the installation. *When I put the outlet tube down into the overflow
tube it caused a siphoning action that lowered the level in the tank
which caused the refill valve to open briefly about every ten minutes.
I relocated the outlet tube so it just barely enters the overflow tube
and it seems to work better. *The instructions don't cover this and
there is no contact phone number to call. *Does my solution sound right?

* * * * * * * * * ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

* (44° 15' *N - Elevation 1580')

And it will most likely ruin your flapper valve in short order causing
your toilet to leak 50 gallons a day.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message
On Dec 23, 7:30 am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
Have any of you tried this? I got one and was a little puzzled about
the installation. When I put the outlet tube down into the overflow
tube it caused a siphoning action that lowered the level in the tank
which caused the refill valve to open briefly about every ten minutes.
I relocated the outlet tube so it just barely enters the overflow tube
and it seems to work better. The instructions don't cover this and
there is no contact phone number to call. Does my solution sound right?

---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

And it will most likely ruin your flapper valve in short order causing
your toilet to leak 50 gallons a day.

The cleaner doesn't go in to the tank. It goes directly in to the bowl via
the "overflow" tube which also is the fill tube. Fluidmasters cleaner is
based off the same principal, never goes in to the tank.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 23, 10:36�am, "Brian V" wrote:
"ransley" wrote in message

On Dec 23, 7:30 am, (---MIKE---) wrote:

[...]

all those cleaners can cause more trouble than its worth. cleaners can
and do clog the interior passages of the toilet. causing water to just
swirl round and round
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank,you beat me to it. The only thing more obnoxious than Billy Mays
commercials is Giekos's. Maybe they can hire him to do a commercial for
them. I swear I wouldn't be surprised if Geiko's ad managers weren't
taking kickbacks from the competition. I would not deal with
them--ever--under ANY circumstance, strictly because of their
commercials, and the frequency with which they air them. Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh pshaw, on Sun 23 Dec 2007 12:37:47p, lp13-30 meant to say...

Frank,you beat me to it. The only thing more obnoxious than Billy Mays
commercials is Giekos's. Maybe they can hire him to do a commercial for
them. I swear I wouldn't be surprised if Geiko's ad managers weren't
taking kickbacks from the competition. I would not deal with
them--ever--under ANY circumstance, strictly because of their
commercials, and the frequency with which they air them. Larry

I wish Billy Mays would go "Kaboom"!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Sunday, December 23rd,2007

Today is: Fourth Sunday of Advent
Countdown 'til Christmas
15hrs 57mins 34secs
I made it foolproof. They are making
better fools!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 23, 2:37*pm, (lp13-30) wrote:
Frank,you beat me to it. The only thing more obnoxious than Billy Mays
commercials is Giekos's. Maybe they can hire him to do a commercial for
them. I swear I wouldn't be surprised if Geiko's ad managers weren't
taking kickbacks from the competition. I would not deal with
them--ever--under ANY circumstance, strictly because of their
commercials, and the frequency with which they air them. *Larry *

The only thing more obnoxious than Billy Mays commercials is
Giekos's.

Head On - Apply directly to the forehead
Head On - Apply directly to the forehead
Head On - Apply directly to the forehead
Posted to alt.home.repair
Max Max is offline

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 21:52:22 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
graced this newsgroup with:

On Dec 23, 2:37*pm, (lp13-30) wrote:
Frank,you beat me to it. The only thing more obnoxious than Billy Mays
commercials is Giekos's. Maybe they can hire him to do a commercial for
them. I swear I wouldn't be surprised if Geiko's ad managers weren't
taking kickbacks from the competition. I would not deal with
them--ever--under ANY circumstance, strictly because of their
commercials, and the frequency with which they air them. *Larry *

The only thing more obnoxious than Billy Mays commercials is
Giekos's.

umm...er...it's GEICO (Govt Employees Ins Co)

sorry
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have been using the KaBoom for three weeks now. It does an amazing
job of preventing hard water deposits in my toilet bowl. This had been
a problem for the last 17 years and now the bowl stays clean. I don't
care for Billy Mays' commercials either but the product is good.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu 03 Jan 2008 09:00:29a, SteveB told us...

wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:30:42 -0500,
(---MIKE---) wrote:

Have any of you tried this? I got one and was a little puzzled about
the installation. When I put the outlet tube down into the overflow
tube it caused a siphoning action that lowered the level in the tank
which caused the refill valve to open briefly about every ten minutes.
I relocated the outlet tube so it just barely enters the overflow tube
and it seems to work better. The instructions don't cover this and
there is no contact phone number to call. Does my solution sound right?

---MIKE---

You actually let that Billy Mays sucker you into buying that peice of
****. Dude, you're a ****ing loser and a retard. The only thing I do
when that homo-dick-sucker Billy boy comes on my tube is mute the
volume.

You can learn more about this faggot he
http://www.atmospheric-violence.com/mays

Don't hold back. Tell us what you really feel. His voice is terribly
annoying, almost as shrill as Hillary's.

Steve

At least he's a *man*, and a very sexy one at that. Hillary looks and acts
like a man in drag. Shemust suffer terribly from penis envy.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Friday, 01(I)/04(IV)/08(MMVIII)
The world is a stage, but the play is
badly cast.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

ransley wrote:
On Dec 23, 7:30 am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
Have any of you tried this? I got one and was a little puzzled about
the installation. When I put the outlet tube down into the overflow
tube it caused a siphoning action that lowered the level in the tank
which caused the refill valve to open briefly about every ten minutes.
I relocated the outlet tube so it just barely enters the overflow tube
and it seems to work better. The instructions don't cover this and
there is no contact phone number to call. Does my solution sound right?

---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

And it will most likely ruin your flapper valve in short order causing
your toilet to leak 50 gallons a day.

Huh? It has nothing to do with the flapper. Do many people even still
have toilets that use flappers? It was the first requirement when I
changed toilets that the new ones be flapperless. Can you even still buy
toilets with flappers?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 4, 10:46 pm, SMS wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Dec 23, 7:30 am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
[...]

no flapper mean no flushy!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

3.184...

(---MIKE---) wrote:

[...]

I do not consider someone with a painted on beard to be "sexy". That beard
is as fake as his products. I don't consider any male to be "sexy". I'm a
guy, and other guys do not attract me sexually.

Just MHO, YMMV.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

TD wrote:
SMS wrote in
:

Huh? It has nothing to do with the flapper. Do many people even still
have toilets that use flappers? It was the first requirement when I
changed toilets that the new ones be flapperless. Can you even still
buy toilets with flappers?

Yes, and it still works fine.

Yeah they work, but it's rather a pain to have to change the flapper
every few years when it deforms and starts leaking. Flapperless toilets
are the way to go. They're in short supply right now due to the high
demand, but you can find them if you try.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 23 2007, 2:37*pm, (lp13-30) wrote:
Frank,you beat me to it. The only thing more obnoxious than Billy Mays
commercials is Giekos's. Maybe they can hire him to do a commercial for
them. I swear I wouldn't be surprised if Geiko's ad managers weren't
taking kickbacks from the competition. I would not deal with
them--ever--under ANY circumstance, strictly because of their
commercials, and the frequency with which they air them. *Larry *

I've got to tell you an incident I had with a Geiko supervisor on the
phone.

A young lady hit me in the rear while I was sitting at a red traffic
light. When I went to rent a car, the guy told me that Geiko would
only pay for a tiny little compact piece of crap. My vehicle is a 30
thousand dollar van with a full leather interior and every comfort
available.

I called Geiko and after arguing with the Indian on the phone, I asked
to speak to his supervisor. The English speaking supervisor then told
me "I don't care what you drive, all we'll give you is what we
offered."

I told him that I was going to rent a vehicle that was the same
standard as the one his customer disabled and if necessary, I would
sue his company for the difference.

Now check out his reply:

"Hey Pal, this isn't Judge Judy. You can sue anyone you like, but
we'll just tie you up in court until we bleed you dry"

No kidding. The guy actually said those exact words. I wrote them
down.

Well, to make the story short, I rented a vehicle that was the same
size as what I'm used to driving and Geiko paid for it without even a
whimper.

That's good, because I was ready to take it to court if necessary to
prove the point. I was going to ask the Judge for at least $1,000
dollars in punitive damages as well.

To sum it up, I wouldn't buy anything from the screaming idiot on TV
*OR* that piece of crap company named Geico. I don't care if they were
giving it away.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Merlin wrote:
[...]

Often wondered about Geico. I had trouble with AARP backed insurance of
woman that hit me. I'm blessed with lawyer sons. Amazing what a
letter from my son to them did

Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 8, 1:04*pm, Frank frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote:

Often wondered about Geico. *I had trouble with AARP backed insurance of
* woman that hit me. *I'm blessed with lawyer sons. Amazing what a
letter from my son to them did

Frank-

I hear you Frank. Lucky you. My son is a car salesman and makes 5
times what I do, but I do wish he was a lawyer.

The young lady who hit me was yakking on a cell phone and didn't
notice the red light or me in front of her. She actually fought the
case. During it, I said to the Judge that I felt it right for her to
pay ALL of the expenses. The kid interrupted and told the Judge she
thought that *I* should have to pay for her cell phone.

Neither the Judge or I understood her reasoning. She lost.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't buy nuthin' that the screaming fat man, with a beard hawks ;(

Amen! The companies he does ads for owe me a set of batteries for my
remote, since I have to lunge for the MUTE button in a panic when that
crap comes on.