Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tapping into a waist line

I need to tap into a PVC 4" waist line about 12" up off a basement
concrete floor. Unfortunately or fortunately, a cleanout is in this
desired location and that's where I want to install a drain for a 28
gal. laundry tub with a 1.5" PVC trap. What materials/steps are
needed to do this properly and cheaply? Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:
I need to tap into a PVC 4" waist line about 12" up off a basement
concrete floor. Unfortunately or fortunately, a cleanout is in this
desired location and that's where I want to install a drain for a 28
gal. laundry tub with a 1.5" PVC trap. What materials/steps are
needed to do this properly and cheaply? Thanks

Unscrew the CO plug and screw in a male adapter.
Then you can stack PVC fittings onto that.
I would put a 4 X 2 WYE or TEE/WYE fitting first
so that you can still have a CO fitting.
Then branch off from the 2" inlet to the sink drain
(reduce to 1.5", if desired).

NOTE: If this 4" stack carries waste from above
(baths, etc.) the new sink drain will need a vent
on the downstream side of the trap. You *may* be
able to get away with a mechanical (Studor) vent.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:
I need to tap into a PVC 4" waist line about 12" up off a basement
concrete floor.

If your waistline is only 12" from the floor you are probably too young to
be doing plumbing!!!

: )

Posted to alt.home.repair

her name is anna.

anna rexic

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
And, he says it's a 4" waist line, must be some seriously skinny wench.

--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"Noozer" wrote in message
Phisherman wrote:
I need to tap into a PVC 4" waist line about 12" up off a basement
concrete floor.

If your waistline is only 12" from the floor you are probably too young to
be doing plumbing!!!

: )

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 8, 4:52 pm, "Noozer" wrote:
Phisherman wrote:
I need to tap into a PVC 4" waist line about 12" up off a basement
concrete floor.

If your waistline is only 12" from the floor you are probably too young to
be doing plumbing!!!

: )

Well, I am 6' and mine hangs down that low...or maybe that is all gut?

Harry K

Cleanup after tapping AL Bill Schwab Metalworking 23 October 20th 07 09:45 PM
Tapping Radiators David UK diy 2 February 15th 06 09:21 PM
DIY tapping fixture Dave August Metalworking 9 March 12th 05 02:55 AM
Bubba is a waist if air m Ransley Home Repair 1 February 13th 05 03:54 PM
resource for tapping and die-ing CusMarsh Metalworking 11 July 5th 04 10:40 PM