DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tapping into a waist line (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/225211-tapping-into-waist-line.html)

Phisherman December 8th 07 11:04 PM

Tapping into a waist line

I need to tap into a PVC 4" waist line about 12" up off a basement
concrete floor. Unfortunately or fortunately, a cleanout is in this
desired location and that's where I want to install a drain for a 28
gal. laundry tub with a 1.5" PVC trap. What materials/steps are
needed to do this properly and cheaply? Thanks

Speedy Jim[_2_] December 9th 07 12:22 AM

Tapping into a waist line

Phisherman wrote:
I need to tap into a PVC 4" waist line about 12" up off a basement
concrete floor. Unfortunately or fortunately, a cleanout is in this
desired location and that's where I want to install a drain for a 28
gal. laundry tub with a 1.5" PVC trap. What materials/steps are
needed to do this properly and cheaply? Thanks

Unscrew the CO plug and screw in a male adapter.
Then you can stack PVC fittings onto that.
I would put a 4 X 2 WYE or TEE/WYE fitting first
so that you can still have a CO fitting.
Then branch off from the 2" inlet to the sink drain
(reduce to 1.5", if desired).

NOTE: If this 4" stack carries waste from above
(baths, etc.) the new sink drain will need a vent
on the downstream side of the trap. You *may* be
able to get away with a mechanical (Studor) vent.

Jim

Noozer December 9th 07 12:52 AM

Tapping into a waist line

Phisherman wrote:
I need to tap into a PVC 4" waist line about 12" up off a basement
concrete floor.

If your waistline is only 12" from the floor you are probably too young to
be doing plumbing!!!

: )

S. Barker December 9th 07 03:30 AM

Tapping into a waist line

her name is anna.

anna rexic

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
And, he says it's a 4" waist line, must be some seriously skinny wench.

--

Christopher A. Young;
.

Harry K December 9th 07 03:58 PM

Tapping into a waist line

On Dec 8, 4:52 pm, "Noozer" wrote:
Phisherman wrote:
I need to tap into a PVC 4" waist line about 12" up off a basement
concrete floor.

If your waistline is only 12" from the floor you are probably too young to
be doing plumbing!!!

: )

Well, I am 6' and mine hangs down that low...or maybe that is all gut?

Harry K