Posted to alt.home.repair

Default patio doors not locking

Please can someone help me!!! Tonight i was unable to lock my sliding
patio doors i had to lift the door of the runner because the top
plastic bolt bit had turned in the unit.. not sure on make of the
doors but it is a sliding door has plastic bit at top that locks into
a hole and then had four screws on side that lock into place with a
push down handle and key,,

The problem seems to be with the top bit it doesnt actually come out
of the door to go into the hole in the frame but stays within the door
itself and then when you unlock it it sits too low in the plastic
casing allowing it to turn freely into the wrong direction how can i
get this lifted so that it sits where it shoud be is there a screw i
should tighten somewhere

Please Help me

Thank you for your time

Lydia
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 6, 4:43 pm, wrote:
Please can someone help me!!! Tonight i was unable to lock my sliding
patio doors i had to lift the door of the runner because the top
plastic bolt bit had turned in the unit.. not sure on make of the
doors but it is a sliding door has plastic bit at top that locks into
a hole and then had four screws on side that lock into place with a
push down handle and key,,

The problem seems to be with the top bit it doesnt actually come out
of the door to go into the hole in the frame but stays within the door
itself and then when you unlock it it sits too low in the plastic
casing allowing it to turn freely into the wrong direction how can i
get this lifted so that it sits where it shoud be is there a screw i
should tighten somewhere

Please Help me

Thank you for your time

Lydia

Any chance of posting a link to a picture of the lock?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 13:43:29 -0800, lidiwhite wrote:

[...]

Without seeing the lock, I can only guess.

It could be a broken or worn part within the lock.
It could also be accumulated dirt within lock thus preventing it from
moving freely.

If you are able, take lock apart, clean it and reinstall. Not as
difficult as you may think. Look for broken pieces on floor.

Patio door - locking mechanism ?? [email protected] UK diy 2 November 11th 06 10:07 PM
patio doors tolbiny Home Repair 0 October 17th 06 01:36 PM
Patio Doors tolbiny Home Repair 2 September 14th 06 02:56 PM
Misaligned Threshold Locking Pin in French Doors tacker Home Repair 7 November 12th 05 09:03 PM
Patio Doors Arnold H. Hollander Home Repair 7 April 1st 05 11:46 PM