Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] lidiwhite@hotmail.com is offline

Default patio doors not locking

Please can someone help me!!! Tonight i was unable to lock my sliding
patio doors i had to lift the door of the runner because the top
plastic bolt bit had turned in the unit.. not sure on make of the
doors but it is a sliding door has plastic bit at top that locks into
a hole and then had four screws on side that lock into place with a
push down handle and key,,

The problem seems to be with the top bit it doesnt actually come out
of the door to go into the hole in the frame but stays within the door
itself and then when you unlock it it sits too low in the plastic
casing allowing it to turn freely into the wrong direction how can i
get this lifted so that it sits where it shoud be is there a screw i
should tighten somewhere

Please Help me

Thank you for your time

Lydia