Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Must Bleach Be Washed Off Before Painting?

As my last step of prep before painting I spray dilute bleach on
exterior surfaces. Must this bleach be washed off before painting?
If so, what are the consequences if it's let dry and painted over?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 6, 3:00�pm, jim evans wrote:
As my last step of prep before painting I spray dilute bleach on
exterior surfaces. �Must this bleach be washed off before painting?
If so, what are the consequences if it's let dry and painted over?

rinse twice change water often. if you were attempting to kill mold
add a midedecide to the new paint and mix well.

it can prevent a reoccurence
Posted to alt.home.repair

jim evans wrote:

As my last step of prep before painting I spray dilute bleach on
exterior surfaces. Must this bleach be washed off before painting?
If so, what are the consequences if it's let dry and painted over?

What kind of surface? Whatever it is, I would avoid getting it on any
metal. When our condo was painted, the contractor used something that
smelled like bleach to spray all over the painted concrete block/stucco
ext. walls, and pressure washed afterward. I thought the sequence odd,
but they did a good job and it still looks good after 6 years. I don't
know what bleach does when it dries, but I would rinse it with clean
water and let the surface dry very well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Common bleach is a solution of sodium hyperchlorite. It breaks down
into sodium chloride (salt) and oxygen. Oxygen is what does the
bleaching. You are dealing with dilute salt water. Power washing it
off seems to make sense.

Washed-out looking monitor David Nebenzahl Electronics Repair 19 January 23rd 07 07:42 PM
How to make washed oak? Rass Darcton Woodworking 1 February 25th 06 01:06 PM
Pressure washed wood! dyork Woodworking 1 July 18th 05 06:16 PM
All Washed Out bubbleyes2004 UK diy 5 April 6th 05 04:15 PM
Mits. WS65809 Washed out Pic. [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 March 10th 04 12:56 AM