dyork

Default Pressure washed wood!

I have a deck and I've pressure washed it so many times that you can't walk
on it without getting splinters in your feet. Can I treat it with something
or do I have to sand it down and then treat it? And what is the best
treatment?

Thanks!

PDQ

--=20
PDQ
"dyork" wrote in message =
om...
| I have a deck and I've pressure washed it so many times that you can't =
walk=20
| on it without getting splinters in your feet. Can I treat it with =
something=20
| or do I have to sand it down and then treat it? And what is the best=20
| treatment?
|=20
| Thanks!
|=20
|=20

Your best bet is to lightly sand the deck with 80 grit to remove the =
tufts raised by the pressure washer and, in the future, use the "fan" =
setting on the nozzle instead of the high pressure setting. The "fan" =
setting will give the same results without as much wood raising.=20

Before you treat the deck, you might want to read what they have to say =
at =20

Wood Handbook
Wood as an engineering material. General Technical Report 113.
Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest =
Products Laboratory. 463 p.

http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/fp.../fplgtr113.htm

There is a section which deals with "Biodeterioration of Wood" and =
another on "Finishing of Wood" which will be of some interest to you. =
It certainly opened my eyes.