Junior Member

Default All Washed Out

My washing machine has decided to stop spinning, What could the problem be.
brugnospamsia

--

in the case of my Bosch it's always been something wedged in the pump
stopping it drain - has it got a filter access panel on the front somewhere

s--p--o--n--i--x

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:42:57 +0100, bubbleyes2004
wrote:

My washing machine has decided to stop spinning, What could the problem
be.

Either it's not plugged in or it's broken.

It could be one of many things wrong..what are the symptoms?

You say it's decided to stop "spinning". Does the drum spin at all or
has it just stopped doing the spin cycle?

If you set the machine to spin dry, does the motor make any sound?

sponix
andrewpreece

wrote:

My washing machine has decided to stop spinning, What could the problem
be.

One easy thing to check is the motor brushes. My machine behaved oddly,
and I found that by taking the back panel off and spinning the wheel
assembly
manually, I could often kickstart it into action ( accompanied by lots of
greeny-blue
flashes as the extremely worn brushes couldn't keep a good contact ). I
changed
the brushes which were down to stumps and it's OK now. Possibly this is not
your problem but you would do well to eliminate it as a cause, removing the
brushes is fairly easy. Of course, unplug the machine first! :-)

Andy.

s--p--o--n--i--x

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 15:24:46 +0100, "andrewpreece"
wrote:

One easy thing to check is the motor brushes. My machine behaved oddly,
and I found that by taking the back panel off and spinning the wheel
assembly
manually, I could often kickstart it into action

Watch your fingers if you do this!

Another common fault is a broken/dislodged drive belt.

sponix

bubbleyes2004 wrote:
My washing machine has decided to stop spinning, What could the

problem
be.

does it rotate normally during wash?
does it make burning smells?
if you take the back off and watch, does the motor spin but the drum
doesnt?
has the drum drive belt come off?
are there a lot of sparks from one end of the motor when it turns
during wash?

Those will either tell us the fault, or might mean more questions
needed.

NT