Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Digital thermostat operation

Hi all,

This may have been covered before, but I found nothing in a search.

I had to replace an old thermostat last year (Taco), so I replaced it
with a Honeywell FocusPro TH6110D. It is easy to program and operate.
The unit was installed by my heating contractor.

Problem #1. contractor left all settings at factory settings. I
noticed last year that the zone controlled by this thermostat were
cold. Forgot about this in the spring and now that we're heating
again, the problem is still here. I talked to Honeywell and changed
the settings to match my system (changed to the correct heating cycles
per hour). I have forced hot water (baseboard) and an oil fired
boiler. A zone valve on each heating loop. 24V system.

Problem #2. Thermostat calls for heat only about every 1.5 to 2 hrs.
Apparently the thermostat only responds to the temp change (2
degrees ; +/- 1F).

Question: Am I correct in assuming that the CPH setting is equivalent
to the anticipator in the old thermostats?

How should this CPH setting work? Is the thermostat supposed to call
for heat a number of times an hour in order to reduce the large temp
swing?

I hate to call the contractor, only because of the cost per visit.
They will give me some info over the phone.

Anybody dealt with this before?

Thanks for the help.

Barry J

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

I may be misunderstanding you. Problem #2 - the stat calls for heat with a
differential of 2 degrees. If the temperature doesn't change more than 2
degrees in two hours, why should it call for heat?

"bejay" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

bejay wrote:

[...]

Hi,
Wow! after installing it, didn't even test it to make sure it is working
OK? What kinda work is that?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
bejay wrote:
I had to replace an old thermostat last year (Taco), so I replaced it
with a Honeywell FocusPro TH6110D. It is easy to program and operate.
The unit was installed by my heating contractor.

Problem #1. contractor left all settings at factory settings. I
noticed last year that the zone controlled by this thermostat were
cold.

Wow! after installing it, didn't even test it to make sure it is working
OK? What kinda work is that?

Hey! That was an HVAC Professional (TM)! Have some respect! If a Professional
did the job, it was done right! If the house was cold, they must have driven
an automobile through an exterior wall, or someone stole all their windows.

--
Angry American flags attack Hillary Clinton!

Air Conditioner's with Computerized Digital Readouts for Efficiency Operation Verification? udarrell Home Repair 12 May 10th 05 03:35 AM
Digital vs. dial thermostat ATL Home Repair 13 August 9th 04 09:51 PM
Digital Thermostat john Home Repair 10 March 15th 04 03:18 AM
Digital Thermostat Click Dave Gallant Home Repair 91 December 24th 03 01:51 PM
FLA. Humidistat vs Thermostat operation? M.Burns Home Repair 4 August 2nd 03 02:13 PM