Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pedestal Sink Insdallation

I have just finished installing a pedestal sink. I have one problem, it is
a little loose. The wall bracket is the type that has two fingers that
stick up so the base slides in. The fit is somewhat loose. Should I take
the bracket off and hammer the fingers so the fit is tighter? I believe
that I once heard someone suggest that some adhesive on the part of the sink
that fits against the wall is the way to go. Any suggestions?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 13, 10:41 pm, "Ultraglide"
wrote:
I have just finished installing a pedestal sink. I have one problem, it is
a little loose. The wall bracket is the type that has two fingers that
stick up so the base slides in. The fit is somewhat loose. Should I take
the bracket off and hammer the fingers so the fit is tighter? I believe
that I once heard someone suggest that some adhesive on the part of the sink
that fits against the wall is the way to go. Any suggestions?

Caulk it around the back edge.

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 13, 11:41 pm, "Ultraglide"
wrote:
I have just finished installing a pedestal sink. I have one problem, it is
a little loose. The wall bracket is the type that has two fingers that
stick up so the base slides in. The fit is somewhat loose. Should I take
the bracket off and hammer the fingers so the fit is tighter? I believe
that I once heard someone suggest that some adhesive on the part of the sink
that fits against the wall is the way to go. Any suggestions?

Put a small bit of plumbers putty in the bracket, use an adhsive caulk
(polyseamseal) is a decent one to caulk the back of the sink to the
wall.
Step away from the hammer !

Posted to alt.home.repair

"beecrofter" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Nov 13, 11:41 pm, "Ultraglide"
wrote:
I have just finished installing a pedestal sink. I have one problem, it
is
a little loose. The wall bracket is the type that has two fingers that
stick up so the base slides in. The fit is somewhat loose. Should I
take
the bracket off and hammer the fingers so the fit is tighter? I believe
that I once heard someone suggest that some adhesive on the part of the
sink
that fits against the wall is the way to go. Any suggestions?

Put a small bit of plumbers putty in the bracket, use an adhsive caulk
(polyseamseal) is a decent one to caulk the back of the sink to the
wall.
Step away from the hammer !

The putty sounds like a good idea, I had thought of getting some tape and
folding it up a dozen times or so to take up the slack. Of course it will
need some caulk at the wall.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I have just finished installing a pedestal sink. I have one problem, it
is
a little loose. The wall bracket is the type that has two fingers that
stick up so the base slides in. The fit is somewhat loose. Should I
take
the bracket off and hammer the fingers so the fit is tighter? I believe
that I once heard someone suggest that some adhesive on the part of the
sink
that fits against the wall is the way to go. Any suggestions?

Put a small bit of plumbers putty in the bracket, use an adhsive caulk
(polyseamseal) is a decent one to caulk the back of the sink to the
wall.
Step away from the hammer !

That sounds like a good idea. I'll need a tablespoon size though, probably
better than folded over tape.