Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bosch Tankless WH

I'm considering installing this unit(s). I would like to hear from
those who have them, installed them, etc. Opinions and advice is
appreciated. 2 full bathrooms here. Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 20, 9:32 am, Manster wrote:
I'm considering installing this unit(s). I would like to hear from
those who have them, installed them, etc. Opinions and advice is
appreciated. 2 full bathrooms here. Thanks!

Which Bosch, the larger unit is made by Takagi, the small unit 110000
btu is a one bath unit. You need proper gas flow or full BTU will
never be reached, You need it tested while all gas apliances are on.
What is winter time water temp lows. You need to know gpm and temp
rise needed. I have the small Bosch , its great. Is this a single
person use or family, with a family savings may be zero. I am seeing a
5 yr payback single use. Look also at Rinnai with remote thermostat,
Takagi makes a condensing unit of 94% efficiency if you have the $

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 20, 10:19 am, ransley wrote:
On Oct 20, 9:32 am, Manster wrote:

I'm considering installing this unit(s). I would like to hear from
those who have them, installed them, etc. Opinions and advice is
appreciated. 2 full bathrooms here. Thanks!

Which Bosch, the larger unit is made by Takagi, the small unit 110000
btu is a one bath unit. You need proper gas flow or full BTU will
never be reached, You need it tested while all gas apliances are on.
What is winter time water temp lows. You need to know gpm and temp
rise needed. I have the small Bosch , its great. Is this a single
person use or family, with a family savings may be zero. I am seeing a
5 yr payback single use. Look also at Rinnai with remote thermostat,
Takagi makes a condensing unit of 94% efficiency if you have the $

Remember the large 190000 btu unit will likely double your gas
requirements, in winter when incomming water is coldest and
everything is competing for gas you wont get full btu without a great
supply, My incomming water can go to 36f, I still never set the unit
on high but you need to research everything or risk cold showers in
January.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
[...]

Good points sir. Thank you for your input. As for the use it's for
family (3). Natural gas. As for other appliances; kitchen stove, floor
furnace, wall heater. The two heaters are usually used from 4am-7am.
Wood burning insert supplies most of the heat in our normally mild winters.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 20, 2:24?pm, Manster wrote:
ransley wrote:
[...]

Wood burning insert supplies most of the heat in our normally mild winters.- Hide quoted text -

take a look at the initial pro install cost with gas line upgrade and
possibly flue upgrade.

the energy saved will never exceed the high upfront costs in thew
warrantied life of the heater, max 10 years.

traditional tanks today are highly efficent, with their foam
insulation. just go and feel a recent production tank it wouldnt be
hot to touch, standby losses are very low.

at low flow rates heater may not trip on or water may be scalding hot.

Are you trying for endless hot water or attempting to save energy?

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
[...]

More good points I hadn't considered.

the energy saved will never exceed the high upfront costs in thew
warrantied life of the heater, max 10 years.

traditional tanks today are highly efficent, with their foam
insulation. just go and feel a recent production tank it wouldnt be
hot to touch, standby losses are very low.

My current WH is approx. 10 years old and works okay, but was
considering the tankless for when I replace it.

at low flow rates heater may not trip on or water may be scalding hot.

Are you trying for endless hot water or attempting to save energy?

Primarily energy savings, hallerb. Thank you much for your advice. I'm
going to reconsider this while I check out the cost factors too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
[...]

going to reconsider this while I check out the cost factors too.- Hide quoted text -

realize in the winter standby losses go to help heat your home,
although in the summer they add to your AC load.

My last tank I went with a 50 gallong 75K BTU tank, it has more than
double the recovery of our old 40 gallon 34K tank, I would of gone 75
gallons except it wouldnt physically fit

the 50 gallon tank provides almost unlimited hot water here, and our
shower has the flow restrictor removed

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
[...]

shower has the flow restrictor removed- Hide quoted text -

If usage remains the same you will save 20% or so , look at "Energy
Factor" ratings, tanks rarely go above 60% where as tankless can go to
93% or so, Energy Factor is not the efficency rating

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On Oct 20, 10:05 pm, " wrote:

My last tank I went with a 50 gallong 75K BTU tank, it has more than
double the recovery of our old 40 gallon 34K tank, I would of gone 75
gallons except it wouldnt physically fit

the 50 gallon tank provides almost unlimited hot water here, and our
shower has the flow restrictor removed- Hide quoted text -

If usage remains the same you will save 20% or so , look at "Energy
Factor" ratings, tanks rarely go above 60% where as tankless can go to
93% or so, Energy Factor is not the efficency rating

Thanks again gentlemen. This will give me a lot to go on until I make
the decision.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 21, 11:40 am, Manster wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Oct 20, 10:05 pm, " wrote:

My last tank I went with a 50 gallong 75K BTU tank, it has more than
double the recovery of our old 40 gallon 34K tank, I would of gone 75
gallons except it wouldnt physically fit

the 50 gallon tank provides almost unlimited hot water here, and our
shower has the flow restrictor removed- Hide quoted text -

If usage remains the same you will save 20% or so , look at "Energy
Factor" ratings, tanks rarely go above 60% where astanklesscan go to
93% or so, Energy Factor is not the efficency rating

Thanks again gentlemen. This will give me a lot to go on until I make
the decision.- Hide quoted text -

I would go to a store where they compare the Tankless -
This location http://www.rheemtanklessonline.com/c...r-heaters.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On Oct 20, 9:32 am, Manster wrote:

I'm considering installing this unit(s). I would like to hear from
those who have them, installed them, etc. Opinions and advice is
appreciated. 2 full bathrooms here. Thanks!

Which Bosch, the larger unit is made by Takagi, the small unit 110000
btu is a one bath unit. You need proper gas flow or full BTU will
never be reached, You need it tested while all gas apliances are on.
What is winter time water temp lows. You need to know gpm and temp
rise needed. I have the small Bosch , its great. Is this a single
person use or family, with a family savings may be zero. I am seeing a
5 yr payback single use. Look also at Rinnai with remote thermostat,
Takagi makes a condensing unit of 94% efficiency if you have the $

Hi,
Can this unit fill a tub with hot bath water?
I wonder.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Last year, I was considering a purchase of a tankless water heating
system but the price was extremely high in Canada. I almost made the
purchase until the salesman said to make sure that no one else in the
home turned on the hot water tap when I was having a shower. The
system couldn't provide enough hot water to two taps at the same
time.

Since then, I have discovered an interesting method of making as much
hot water as you would like, very efficiently on demand. If you use
your favorite search engine with the search words, 'cavitation heater'
or 'hydrosonic pump', you will have witnessed the device that I am
talking about. These devices are not currently available for
residential use and there is a patent on the idea. I plan on making
such a device for my own personal use which theoretically should not
violate any of the patent laws. This device is purely mechanical and
only requires an ordinary household thermostat to control. The cost
of such a device is very low, if you have done what I have done and
started your own basement machine shop.

On Nov 10, 8:20 pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Oct 20, 9:32 am, Manster wrote:

I'm considering installing this unit(s). I would like to hear from
those who have them, installed them, etc. Opinions and advice is
appreciated. 2 full bathrooms here. Thanks!

Which Bosch, the larger unit is made by Takagi, the small unit 110000
btu is a one bath unit. You need proper gas flow or full BTU will
never be reached, You need it tested while all gas apliances are on.
What is winter time water temp lows. You need to know gpm and temp
rise needed. I have the small Bosch , its great. Is this a single
person use or family, with a family savings may be zero. I am seeing a
5 yr payback single use. Look also at Rinnai with remote thermostat,
Takagi makes a condensing unit of 94% efficiency if you have the $

Hi,
Can this unit fill a tub with hot bath water?
I wonder.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair

Buy_Sell wrote:

... I have discovered an interesting method of making as much
hot water as you would like, very efficiently on demand. If you use
your favorite search engine with the search words, 'cavitation heater'

Sounds no more efficient than electric resistance heating.

... These devices are not currently available for residential use and
there is a patent on the idea. I plan on making such a device for
my own personal use which theoretically should not violate any of
the patent laws.

The law says you can't "make, use, or sell" at patented invention
without the inventor's permission, even for your own personal use.

Nick, Registered US Patent Agent

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 11, 5:51 am, wrote:
Buy_Sell wrote:
... I have discovered an interesting method of making as much
hot water as you would like, very efficiently on demand. If you use
your favorite search engine with the search words, 'cavitation heater'

Sounds no more efficient than electric resistance heating.

... These devices are not currently available for residential use and
there is a patent on the idea. I plan on making such a device for
my own personal use which theoretically should not violate any of
the patent laws.

The law says you can't "make, use, or sell" at patented invention
without the inventor's permission, even for your own personal use.

Nick, Registered US Patent Agent

Thanks for the information. It looks like I have a few calls to make.