Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bosch Tankless WH

On Oct 20, 2:24?pm, Manster wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Oct 20, 10:19 am, ransley wrote:
On Oct 20, 9:32 am, Manster wrote:

I'm considering installing this unit(s). I would like to hear from
those who have them, installed them, etc. Opinions and advice is
appreciated. 2 full bathrooms here. Thanks!
Which Bosch, the larger unit is made by Takagi, the small unit 110000
btu is a one bath unit. You need proper gas flow or full BTU will
never be reached, You need it tested while all gas apliances are on.
What is winter time water temp lows. You need to know gpm and temp
rise needed. I have the small Bosch , its great. Is this a single
person use or family, with a family savings may be zero. I am seeing a
5 yr payback single use. Look also at Rinnai with remote thermostat,
Takagi makes a condensing unit of 94% efficiency if you have the $

Remember the large 190000 btu unit will likely double your gas
requirements, in winter when incomming water is coldest and
everything is competing for gas you wont get full btu without a great
supply, My incomming water can go to 36f, I still never set the unit
on high but you need to research everything or risk cold showers in
January.

Good points sir. Thank you for your input. As for the use it's for
family (3). Natural gas. As for other appliances; kitchen stove, floor
furnace, wall heater. The two heaters are usually used from 4am-7am.
Wood burning insert supplies most of the heat in our normally mild winters.- Hide quoted text -

take a look at the initial pro install cost with gas line upgrade and
possibly flue upgrade.

the energy saved will never exceed the high upfront costs in thew
warrantied life of the heater, max 10 years.

traditional tanks today are highly efficent, with their foam
insulation. just go and feel a recent production tank it wouldnt be
hot to touch, standby losses are very low.

at low flow rates heater may not trip on or water may be scalding hot.

Are you trying for endless hot water or attempting to save energy?