Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Disposal installation

Hello,
I've got a double sink. The garbage disposer going on the right. Do guys
have any preference on using a straight discharge pipe on the disposal, or
should I use two s-traps...one for the disposal and one for the left hand
sink.

Thanks for your time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 16 Oct, 16:21, Steve wrote:
"JohnnyC" wrote on 16 Oct 2007 in group alt.home.repair:

Hello,
I've got a double sink. The garbage disposer going on the right. Do
guys have any preference on using a straight discharge pipe on the
disposal, or should I use two s-traps...one for the disposal and one
for the left hand sink.

Here's a good descripton of your options:
http://Survey.npdor.com/wix/p7550464...306&s=CQVQPYCH
The end-outlet tee is what I always find. I suppose because it's cheaper.
I've never seen an implementation of the double p-trap design. Of course,
I'm always called for problems, and maybe a double p-trap is better.
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

FYI...That URL seems to be incorrect...takes me to a Survey Completion
page.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:21:45 -0400, JohnnyC wrote:

Hello,
I've got a double sink. The garbage disposer going on the right. Do guys
have any preference on using a straight discharge pipe on the disposal, or
should I use two s-traps...one for the disposal and one for the left hand
sink.

Thanks for your time.

Just bought this house last August. Redid the whole sink and added a
disposal. My disposal is under the left sink. But, I went to HD and got a
kit for this. Its plastic piping and has a straight pipe coming from the
disposal into a T pipe at the other drain. Of course, my discharge is in
the wall instead of the floor so it runs over to that.

I think the kit was about 25 bucks.

Hope that helps,

--
coffee
Linux Registered User #449534

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:45:56 -0400, coffee wrote:

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:21:45 -0400, JohnnyC wrote:

Hello,
I've got a double sink. The garbage disposer going on the right. Do

Just bought this house last August. Redid the whole sink and added a
disposal. My disposal is under the left sink. But, I went to HD and got a
kit for this. Its plastic piping and has a straight pipe coming from the
disposal into a T pipe at the other drain. Of course, my discharge is in
the wall instead of the floor so it runs over to that.

I think the kit was about 25 bucks.

Hope that helps,

Oh, I want to add, I was not very happy with the gromit they supplied for
the pipe where it fits into the disposal side wall. Its kinda flaky. They
showed me a much beefyier (sp?) one that did the job at HD. Might get one
of those too.

--
coffee
Linux Registered User #449534

Tile installation mess disposal? Dan Jones Home Repair 11 April 19th 06 05:30 PM
For disposal. Kenny Electronics Repair 1 October 2nd 05 12:08 AM
sink disposal installation Dave G Home Repair 1 September 17th 04 03:34 AM
Disposal of Old Hot Tub Jim Home Repair 10 September 13th 04 08:33 PM
garbage disposal badgolferman Home Repair 1 August 31st 03 06:41 AM