Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Woke up this morning with mold on the floor

in the laundry room. Mold spots all over the place on the tile
floor.

I could see through some of the missing grout sections that there was
water in the voids. So I pulled back the carpet in the family room
just outside the laundry room and there was water all around the
outside border of the laundry room for about 2 or 3 feet. I started
pulling up tiles in the laundry room and the closer I got to the
toilet the dryer the floor was??? The waste line is under ground a
good 12" or so below the surface.

The toilet bowl that morning was very low - almost empty. At first I
thought the wax ring had failed but that would only show during a
flush - I think. I looked all over for a crack in the toilet and
can't find anything. The floor seemed fine yesterday and then today
this. I can't figure out if it's the toilet waste line, water coming
from the ground or what. The water supply lines come from the ceiling
and down the wall. The walls are completely dry and the floor area
where they come through the wall is dry to. The washing machine was
not used all day as well and where the hoses connect (and the hoses
themselves) are dry as a bone.

Toilet or ground water is all I can think of. Why now though - after
10 years (since I have lived here) with no problems and further drains
added outside for rain water.

Anyone have any insight into this or how I can verify the source? TIA.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Drop some food coloring in toilet tank to verify or rule it out as a
source for the leak. My first guesses would be the pump in the bottom of
the washer or the tank to bowl seal on the toilet.

Any chance the washer froze?

aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15 Oct 2007 21:04:10 -0700, wrote:

[...]

It could be worse !!!!!!!!!

Years ago, I got really drunk and went home with this fat nasty woman.
Somehow I managed to poke her during the night. The next day I had
mold all over my cock. I had to have it surgically scraped off. Very
painful. It took months to heal.
Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Oct 17, 6:52 am, wrote:
[...]

painful. It took months to heal.- Hide quoted text -

As the first suggestion try dye then look at washing machine unhook
water from it and wait 24 hrs see what happens good luck

Posted to alt.home.repair

jim wrote:
On Oct 17, 6:52 am, wrote:

[...]

Are you really Jesus Christ? I am feeling rather naked in front of such
a great man !!!!

RCM: The Morning After... cavelamb himself[_2_] Metalworking 40 August 22nd 07 06:26 AM
87 at 1 in the morning` mm Home Repair 1 July 10th 07 12:33 PM
Help. Black Mold & New floor question Bill Home Repair 5 June 2nd 04 10:50 PM