Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Aquativa?

Hi all, just had a free water test done. Seems my wife took a call last
week and agreed to it. Anyway, we have a neutralizer already and pretty
hard water etc. He offered his Spectra Twin with Chlorigon carbon filter
for $3,200 installed if we bought tonight. $3,900 after.

Are these systems adequate? I'd like to have better water for all around
home use and am considering this. Does seem high though.

Thanks...

Posted to alt.home.repair

BE wrote:
Hi all, just had a free water test done. Seems my wife took a call
last week and agreed to it. Anyway, we have a neutralizer already
and pretty hard water etc. He offered his Spectra Twin with
Chlorigon carbon filter for $3,200 installed if we bought tonight.
$3,900 after.

Are these systems adequate? I'd like to have better water for all
around home use and am considering this. Does seem high though.

Dunno, but the '$3,200 installed if we bought tonight. $3,900 after'
would have sent alarms clanging in my head. I think I'd prefer
the 'testing' be done by a lab not selling 'cures'.

lee

Posted to alt.home.repair

Is there something so horridly wrong wth your water that you need to spend
3,200$ to fix it?

I'd look at a brita filter on the kitchen sink first.

"BE" wrote in message
Hi all, just had a free water test done. Seems my wife took a call last
week and agreed to it. Anyway, we have a neutralizer already and pretty
hard water etc. He offered his Spectra Twin with Chlorigon carbon filter
for $3,200 installed if we bought tonight. $3,900 after.

Are these systems adequate? I'd like to have better water for all around
home use and am considering this. Does seem high though.

Thanks...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 15 Oct, 20:14, "BE" wrote:
Hi all, just had a free water test done. Seems my wife took a call last
week and agreed to it. Anyway, we have a neutralizer already and pretty
hard water etc. He offered his Spectra Twin with Chlorigon carbon filter
for $3,200 installed if we bought tonight. $3,900 after.

Are these systems adequate? I'd like to have better water for all around
home use and am considering this. Does seem high though.

Thanks...

As soon as I'm offered one price for "now" and another price for
"later", the conversation is over.

Well, actually the conversation is over right after I ask him what
will make the product worth the extra money the next day. They can
never seem to answer that question.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"BE" wrote in message
Hi all, just had a free water test done. Seems my wife took a call last
week and agreed to it. Anyway, we have a neutralizer already and pretty
hard water etc. He offered his Spectra Twin with Chlorigon carbon filter
for $3,200 installed if we bought tonight. $3,900 after.

Are these systems adequate? I'd like to have better water for all around
home use and am considering this. Does seem high though.

Thanks...

Anyone that offers a buy it today or else deal is a scam, IMO. Get your
water tested by a local water treatment guy and see what you really need.
Perhaps a $40 filter will do the trick.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:14:37 -0400, "BE" wrote Re
Aquativa?:

Hi all, just had a free water test done. Seems my wife took a call last
week and agreed to it. Anyway, we have a neutralizer already and pretty
hard water etc. He offered his Spectra Twin with Chlorigon carbon filter
for $3,200 installed if we bought tonight. $3,900 after.

Are these systems adequate? I'd like to have better water for all around
home use and am considering this. Does seem high though.

Very high indeed. It should be about $1000 delivered, installation
extra for a couple hundred $$ by a local plumber..
http://www.alphausasystems.com/afccarbon.html

I would have the water tested by an independent lab first to see if
there really is something that needs correcting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

BE wrote:
Hi all, just had a free water test done. Seems my wife took a call
last week and agreed to it. Anyway, we have a neutralizer already
and pretty hard water etc. He offered his Spectra Twin with
Chlorigon carbon filter for $3,200 installed if we bought tonight. $3,900
after.
Are these systems adequate? I'd like to have better water for all
around home use and am considering this. Does seem high though.

You can buy an awful lot of filtered, bottled water for $3,000. Do you need
filtered water to flush the toiler, take a shower, or water your lawn. Do
you need filtered water at all?

Put the $4000 in the bank at 5%. That will generate $200/year, more than
enough to buy bottled water (at retail) for drinking.

I call bull**** on the original deal.

Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

BE wrote:

Hi all, just had a free water test done. Seems my wife took a call last
week and agreed to it. Anyway, we have a neutralizer already and pretty
hard water etc. He offered his Spectra Twin with Chlorigon carbon filter
for $3,200 installed if we bought tonight. $3,900 after.

Are these systems adequate? I'd like to have better water for all around
home use and am considering this. Does seem high though.

Thanks...

I am sorry. You didn't even say what problem that you are trying
to solve (other than possibly an excess of cash).
When you figure out what problem you are trying to solve, let us
know, and we could suggest a solution (unless your problem is excess
cash -- then you can send it to me :-) ).

Posted to alt.home.repair

"BE" wrote

Hi all, just had a free water test done. Seems my wife took a call last
week and agreed to it. Anyway, we have a neutralizer already and pretty
hard water etc. He offered his Spectra Twin with Chlorigon carbon filter
for $3,200 installed if we bought tonight. $3,900 after.

Are these systems adequate? I'd like to have better water for all around
home use and am considering this. Does seem high though.

Did you go for it? Check your contract, you might well have 3 days
to get out of it.

nancy

Posted to alt.home.repair
BE BE is offline

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
news

"BE" wrote

Hi all, just had a free water test done. Seems my wife took a call last
week and agreed to it. Anyway, we have a neutralizer already and pretty
hard water etc. He offered his Spectra Twin with Chlorigon carbon filter
for $3,200 installed if we bought tonight. $3,900 after.

Are these systems adequate? I'd like to have better water for all around
home use and am considering this. Does seem high though.

Did you go for it? Check your contract, you might well have 3 days
to get out of it.

nancy

Thanks all... No I didn't go for it. Water is very hard and acidic but I
already have a neutralizer taking care of the acidity. He told me how much
better soft water is for everything etc.

I'm passing on this.

Thanks again...

Posted to alt.home.repair
M Q M Q is offline

BE wrote:

[...]

If you have hard water and want soft water, get a water softener.
They are about 1/4 the price.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Put the $4000 in the bank at 5%. That will generate $200/year, more than
enough to buy bottled water (at retail) for drinking.

At Wal-Mart's 64 cents per gallon for drinking water, you could afford
0.86 gallons a day.

--
"You can't block traffic if you're not in the way."
Posted to alt.home.repair

"BE" wrote

"Nancy Young" wrote

Hi all, just had a free water test done. Seems my wife took a call last
week and agreed to it. Anyway, we have a neutralizer already and pretty
hard water etc. He offered his Spectra Twin with Chlorigon carbon
filter for $3,200 installed if we bought tonight. $3,900 after.

Are these systems adequate? I'd like to have better water for all
around home use and am considering this. Does seem high though.

Did you go for it? Check your contract, you might well have 3 days
to get out of it.

Thanks all... No I didn't go for it. Water is very hard and acidic but I
already have a neutralizer taking care of the acidity. He told me how
much better soft water is for everything etc.

I'm passing on this.

Oh, good. Those pressure tactics irritate me no end. Sure
sign you're being ripped off.

nancy

Posted to alt.home.repair

Global Water Solutions had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...va-258407-.htm :

For those who were unfortunate enough to succumb to their sale techniques
and own a Aquativa system, there is a bright ray of hope. You can save on
your Aquativa replacement filter changes.

If you are having problems finding filters for aquativa systems, it is
because Aquativa has closed their doors as of December last year.

Global Water Solutions Inc in Bourbonnais Illinois has been servicing and
changing filters for Aquativa systems for 6 years, and for substantially
less then what Aquativa charged.

Filters for Aquativa water softeners and their prism ro system are
available from Global Water Solutions Inc and can been shipped nationwide,
or installed for you.

Just call 815 939-9314
-------------------------------------
lee h wrote:

BE wrote:
Hi all, just had a free water test done. Seems my wife took a
call
last week and agreed to it. Anyway, we have a neutralizer already
and pretty hard water etc. He offered his Spectra Twin with
Chlorigon carbon filter for $3,200 installed if we bought tonight.

$3,900 after.

Are these systems adequate? I'd like to have better water for all
around home use and am considering this. Does seem high though.

Dunno, but the '$3,200 installed if we bought tonight. $3,900 after'
would have sent alarms clanging in my head. I think I'd prefer
the 'testing' be done by a lab not selling 'cures'.

lee

Posted to alt.home.repair

Global Water Solutions had written this in response tohttp://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Aquativa-258407-.htm*:

lee h wrote:
BE wrote:
Hi all, just had a free water test done. *Seems my wife took a
call
last week and agreed to it. *Anyway, we have a neutralizer already
and pretty hard water etc. *He offered his Spectra Twin with
Chlorigon carbon filter for $3,200 installed if we bought tonight.
$3,900 after.

Are these systems adequate? *I'd like to have better water for all
around home use and am considering this. *Does seem high though.

Dunno, but the '$3,200 installed if we bought tonight. *$3,900 after'
would have sent alarms clanging in my head. *I think I'd prefer
the 'testing' be done by a lab not selling 'cures'.
lee

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Replacement filters for the Aquativa Prism reverse osmosis and whole
house filter are available at http://waterafilters.com . They have
the lowest prices and ship the same day you place the order. They're
in Elwood, Illinois and will even walk you through the filter change
if you need help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

global water Solutions had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...va-354444-.htm :
Global Water Solutions Inc in Bourbonnais Illinois has been servicing and
changing filters for Aquativa systems for 6 years, and for substantially
less then what Aquativa charged.

Infomation about service a filter for Aquativa systems and more
information on Global Water Solutions Inc is available on a non-biased,
comsumer driven social marketing website. It can be viewed here --
http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...s.815-939-9314

Global Water Solutions Inc is a reliable and reasonably priced
altertintive for all your homes water needs. We supply affordable high
quality equipment to take make your families water cleaner, healthier,
safer Starting with whole house filtration from $200. Your purchase can be
financed from only $35 per month.
Filters for most makes and models including Rainsoft, Plano-Soft,
Aquativa, and Kenmore are availble from Global Water Solutions Inc.

We specialize in radium, arsenic, hydrogen sulfite, MTBE, iron & hardness
removal.We service most makes including, Kenmore, Rainsoft, Aquativa,
Planosoft, Hauge, and others call 815 939-9314 for more information.

Commercial and residential products available.
Special program for builders.

-------------------------------------
wrote:

On Jan 17, 9:54=A0am, (Global Water
Solutions) wrote:
Global Water Solutions had written this in response
tohttp://www.thestucc=

ocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Aquativa-258407-.htm=A0:

For those who were unfortunate enough to succumb to their sale
techniques
and own a Aquativa system, there is a bright ray of hope. You can
save on
your Aquativa replacement filter changes.

If you are having problems finding filters for aquativa systems,
it is
because Aquativa has closed their doors as of December last year.

Global Water Solutions Inc in Bourbonnais Illinois has been
servicing and
changing filters for Aquativa systems for 6 years, and for
substantially
less then what Aquativa charged.

Filters for Aquativa water softeners and their prism ro system are
available from Global Water Solutions Inc and can been shipped
nationwide=

,
or installed for you.

Just call 815 939-9314
-------------------------------------

lee h wrote:
BE wrote:
Hi all, just had a free water test done. =A0Seems my wife
took a
call
last week and agreed to it. =A0Anyway, we have a
neutralizer already
and pretty hard water etc. =A0He offered his Spectra Twin
with
Chlorigon carbon filter for $3,200 installed if we bought
tonight.
$3,900 after.

Are these systems adequate? =A0I'd like to have better
water for all
around home use and am considering this. =A0Does seem
high though.
Dunno, but the '$3,200 installed if we bought tonight.
=A0$3,900 after'
would have sent alarms clanging in my head. =A0I think I'd

Delivered via =A0http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

Replacement filters for the Aquativa Prism reverse osmosis and whole
house filter are available at
http://waterafilters.com . They have
the lowest prices and ship the same day you place the order. They're
in Elwood, Illinois and will even walk you through the filter change
if you need help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

jrayae had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...va-354195-.htm :
Another great source for Aquativa Reverse Osmosis filters is
http://WaterAfilters.com/ they ship the same day. I've used them twice
now and they are 1/2 the cost of what Aquativa was charging. They have
the wrenches, UV light and whole house filter.