Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Aquativa?

BE wrote:
Hi all, just had a free water test done. Seems my wife took a call
last week and agreed to it. Anyway, we have a neutralizer already
and pretty hard water etc. He offered his Spectra Twin with
Chlorigon carbon filter for $3,200 installed if we bought tonight. $3,900
after.
Are these systems adequate? I'd like to have better water for all
around home use and am considering this. Does seem high though.

You can buy an awful lot of filtered, bottled water for $3,000. Do you need
filtered water to flush the toiler, take a shower, or water your lawn. Do
you need filtered water at all?

Put the $4000 in the bank at 5%. That will generate $200/year, more than
enough to buy bottled water (at retail) for drinking.

I call bull**** on the original deal.