Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repairing holes in stucco walls (interior)

Hi,

I had to punch some holes into my interior stucco walls (to pour in
perlite insulation). Now I need to close them up again. The biggest
has a diameter of about 8 inches.

Would be great if somebody has some hints for me how to best approach
this. And maybe some web sites to look at.

Thanks a lot,
Wilk

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi,

I had to punch some holes into my interior stucco walls (to pour in
perlite insulation). Now I need to close them up again. The biggest
has a diameter of about 8 inches.

Would be great if somebody has some hints for me how to best approach
this. And maybe some web sites to look at.

Thanks a lot,
Wilk

Is the stucco coating on top of sheetrock? If yes, do a google search for
"repairing holes in sheetrock", and then reapply texture on top of the
repaired spot. When you make a sheetrock patch, you usually have to tape the
edges, just as if you were putting up an entire new sheet. So, you'll need
to scrape more stucco off from the surrounding area, giving yourself a flat
area for the tape.