DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Repairing holes in stucco walls (interior) (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/217481-repairing-holes-stucco-walls-interior.html)

[email protected] October 14th 07 01:33 PM

Repairing holes in stucco walls (interior)

Hi,

I had to punch some holes into my interior stucco walls (to pour in
perlite insulation). Now I need to close them up again. The biggest
has a diameter of about 8 inches.

Would be great if somebody has some hints for me how to best approach
this. And maybe some web sites to look at.

Thanks a lot,
Wilk

JoeSpareBedroom October 14th 07 02:30 PM

Repairing holes in stucco walls (interior)

wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi,

I had to punch some holes into my interior stucco walls (to pour in
perlite insulation). Now I need to close them up again. The biggest
has a diameter of about 8 inches.

Would be great if somebody has some hints for me how to best approach
this. And maybe some web sites to look at.

Thanks a lot,
Wilk

Is the stucco coating on top of sheetrock? If yes, do a google search for
"repairing holes in sheetrock", and then reapply texture on top of the
repaired spot. When you make a sheetrock patch, you usually have to tape the
edges, just as if you were putting up an entire new sheet. So, you'll need
to scrape more stucco off from the surrounding area, giving yourself a flat
area for the tape.

Rick Blaine October 14th 07 03:26 PM

wrote:

I had to punch some holes into my interior stucco walls (to pour in
perlite insulation). Now I need to close them up again. The biggest
has a diameter of about 8 inches.

Would be great if somebody has some hints for me how to best approach
this. And maybe some web sites to look at.

Find a paint color that's reasonably close - using a color computer if possible,
then spray the entire wall from edge break to edge break. Painting just the
patches will always be visible.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars

Zyp October 15th 07 02:47 AM

Rick Blaine wrote:
wrote:

I had to punch some holes into my interior stucco walls (to pour in
perlite insulation). Now I need to close them up again. The biggest
has a diameter of about 8 inches.

Would be great if somebody has some hints for me how to best approach
this. And maybe some web sites to look at.

Find a paint color that's reasonably close - using a color computer
if possible, then spray the entire wall from edge break to edge
break. Painting just the patches will always be visible.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars

You can find a acoustic patch in a spray that will make the acoustic look
original. Check out Home Cheapo - errr I mean Home Depot. [I'm guessing
that's what you meant because stucco is usually outside.]

--
Zyp