Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to remove mirrored walls

I have a single wall that has full length mirrors. The mirrors are glued
to the wall. What is the best method to remove them?

I asked around and was told that I should tape the mirrors and then take
a hammer the them.

Thanks,
Posted to alt.home.repair

I removed 3 - 7' x 2' mirrors from a
concrete block wall that had a thin skim
coat of plaster ... the firewall between
apartments. I used a long cooking spatula
with a blade that was about 15". I
pushed from the edges, cutting as much glue
as possible. I even remember tapping
the wooden handle of the spatula with a
hammer to break the glue. I got all 3
off with only a few minor scratches of
the mirror
silver. I was able to reuse the mirrors
in a different apartment. The wall was
scuffed up a bit, however, some scraping
to remove leftover glue and a few thin
layers of drywall mud smoothed it out.
A primer sealed the whole thing, and as
the landlord was going to repaint, he
said it looked great. As for the mirrors,
I don't think anyone would notice the
few scratches.

Marc wrote:
I have a single wall that has full length mirrors. The mirrors are glued
to the wall. What is the best method to remove them?

I asked around and was told that I should tape the mirrors and then take
a hammer the them.

Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Marc wrote:
I have a single wall that has full length mirrors. The mirrors are
glued to the wall. What is the best method to remove them?

I asked around and was told that I should tape the mirrors and then
take a hammer the them.

,
When I had some changed out a few years ago the crew used piano
wire...slip behind mirrorat top, see-saw back and forth and work the
wire down. Wood toggles on each end of the wire would help.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...