Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remove knockdown texture from walls

What is the best way to remove this from walls?

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?i...9knockdpv9.jpg
is an example of the type of texture I want to get rid of.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
What is the best way to remove this from walls?

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?i...9knockdpv9.jpg
is an example of the type of texture I want to get rid of.

Thanks.

If that is a textured paint finish the only way I know of is to brush
on paint remover , let it work as the instructions specify and then
scrape off.

Wear gloves and use a scraper with rounded corners to prevent gouging
the walls.

If its a spray on plaster I havent a clue .

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 21 Nov 2006 07:40:12 -0800, wrote:

What is the best way to remove this from walls?

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?i...9knockdpv9.jpg
is an example of the type of texture I want to get rid of.

Thanks.

Never saw any "removed", but you can smooth coat the wall using joint
compound. Apply a vertical coat and then a horizontal coat. Repeat
as necessary until smooth and ready for paint, etc.

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

wrote:
What is the best way to remove this from walls?

http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?i...9knockdpv9.jpg
is an example of the type of texture I want to get rid of.

Thanks.

Get bids from a plasterer for skimcoating if that is possible. Compare
that to a quote for simply replacing the drywall and/or applying a
layer of the thinnest drywall available. My guess would be that new
drywall would be the most cost effective and look best. YMMV.

Joe