Lorenzo il Magnifico

Default what texture pattern for my walls?

I want to texture my walls before painting them something like this:

http://www.muralsfantastic.com/166cec730.jpg

but not quite so red.

any suggestions? links to images would be great.

TIA
RicodJour

Lorenzo il Magnifico wrote:
I want to texture my walls before painting them something like this:
http://www.muralsfantastic.com/166cec730.jpg
but not quite so red.
any suggestions? links to images would be great.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you suggesting that people post
links to colors, textures, what? I can suggest things to search for,
though: Venetian plaster would be a good start.

dadiOH

Lorenzo il Magnifico wrote:
I want to texture my walls before painting them something like
this:

http://www.muralsfantastic.com/166cec730.jpg

but not quite so red.

any suggestions? links to images would be great.

Suppose you texture your walls...any texture. Now you paint them. You
then have textured walls that are all *one* color, not with a variation
of color as in the photo. What you want to do to achieve that efffect
is to paint with *different* colors. Check Google for "faux paint".

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Lorenzo il Magnifico

"dadiOH" wrote in message news:m6Vue.2$J12.0@trnddc05...
Lorenzo il Magnifico wrote:
I want to texture my walls before painting them something like
this:

http://www.muralsfantastic.com/166cec730.jpg

but not quite so red.

any suggestions? links to images would be great.

Suppose you texture your walls...any texture. Now you paint them. You
then have textured walls that are all *one* color, not with a variation
of color as in the photo. What you want to do to achieve that efffect
is to paint with *different* colors. Check Google for "faux paint".

well no **** sherlock! yes, I will be using different colors
but I am trying to figure out the most suitable
texture pattern to lay down underneath the paint!

any *helpful* suggestions appreciated

On 26-Jun-2005, (Lorenzo il Magnifico) wrote:

I want to texture my walls before painting them something like
this:

http://www.muralsfantastic.com/166cec730.jpg

looks like a sand wash texture in that pic.
there's probably better quality but Behr has a variety of faux texture
paints. You can check out their site to get some ideas.
I don't know offhand who makes the best quality faux texture paint.

good luck
ml

dadiOH

Lorenzo il Magnifico wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message
Lorenzo il Magnifico wrote:
I want to texture my walls before painting them something like
this:

http://www.muralsfantastic.com/166cec730.jpg

but not quite so red.

any suggestions? links to images would be great.

Suppose you texture your walls...any texture. Now you paint them.
You then have textured walls that are all *one* color, not with a
variation of color as in the photo. What you want to do to achieve
that efffect is to paint with *different* colors. Check Google for
"faux paint".

well no **** sherlock! yes, I will be using different colors
but I am trying to figure out the most suitable
texture pattern to lay down underneath the paint!

any *helpful* suggestions appreciated

Drywall mud...
1. Rent a commercial unit and you can spray drywall mud as light to
heavy orange peel which can be knocked down.

2. Rent a hopper and use a small compressor and you can spray light
orange peel.

3. Trowel it on and you can use anything you want to create a texture.
Even your bare ass.

Texture paint...
1. Sand finish

2. Venetian plaster

3. Plain which can be textured with whatever you want. Even your bare
ass.

IOW, WTF is "suitable"?

--
dadiOH