Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default Furnace BTU output

I currently have a 20 year old Carrier Gas Forced Air furnace model number
58GP125-3 It says the INPUT is 125,100 BTU but the output field on the
label is blank.

An HVAC company wants to replace this with a Carrier model 58STA110. He
says this will result in the same or greater output as my unit. Is he
correct?

Thanks,

J.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 5, 12:26 pm, "
wrote:
I currently have a 20 year old Carrier Gas Forced Air furnace model number
58GP125-3 It says the INPUT is 125,100 BTU but the output field on the
label is blank.

An HVAC company wants to replace this with a Carrier model 58STA110. He
says this will result in the same or greater output as my unit. Is he
correct?

Thanks,

J.

Probab;y, yes. Do some math...if your old furnace is 80% effcient the
output is 100,000 BTU. If the replacement is 90% or better you have
99,000+ BTU, close enough for practical purposes. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

I don't know the efficency of the old unit, and neither does the person I
spoke with at Carrier.
The new unit is 80%.
The old one was made in 1985.

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 5, 12:26 pm, "
wrote:
I currently have a 20 year old Carrier Gas Forced Air furnace model
number
58GP125-3 It says the INPUT is 125,100 BTU but the output field on the
label is blank.

An HVAC company wants to replace this with a Carrier model 58STA110. He
says this will result in the same or greater output as my unit. Is he
correct?

Thanks,

J.

Probab;y, yes. Do some math...if your old furnace is 80% effcient the
output is 100,000 BTU. If the replacement is 90% or better you have
99,000+ BTU, close enough for practical purposes. HTH

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

On Oct 5, 3:16 pm, ftwhd wrote:
On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:26:04 GMT, "

wrote:
I currently have a 20 year old Carrier Gas Forced Air furnace model number
58GP125-3 It says the INPUT is 125,100 BTU but the output field on the
label is blank.

An HVAC company wants to replace this with a Carrier model 58STA110. He
says this will result in the same or greater output as my unit. Is he
correct?

Thanks,

J.

Same or greater huh. Ask the **** wit if hes ever heard of a manual J
then kick his ass out the door and quit cross posting your homeowner
BS to Alt.hvac.

A larger unit will lead to shorter cycles and maybe uneven heat, I cut
my btu 55% on a new unit and finally the house heats evenly. If your
unit just heats on the coldest days of the year it is probably sized
ok, but oversizing is common, also bigger units cost more, more
profit, get a pro that does a load calculation or dont let him in the
door

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

given energy cost I wouldnt buy a 80% furnace today and this furnace
would be a negative at resale time.

go 90+ go 90+ its worth the extra bucks

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

wrote in message
ups.com...
given energy cost I wouldnt buy a 80% furnace today and this furnace
would be a negative at resale time.

go 90+ go 90+ its worth the extra bucks

Is that your final answer??? or do you maybe think you should find out WHERE
he is located. 90+ is great for places where they have 9 months of winter
sports.....OTOH, down here on the Gulf Coast, you need to think 9 months of
cooling and where can I get a small enough furnace to heat with a big enough
blower drive for the A/C.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

On Oct 5, 8:51?pm, "Noon-Air" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

given energy cost I wouldnt buy a 80% furnace today and this furnace
would be a negative at resale time.

go 90+ go 90+ its worth the extra bucks

Is that your final answer??? or do you maybe think you should find out WHERE
he is located. 90+ is great for places where they have 9 months of winter
sports.....OTOH, down here on the Gulf Coast, you need to think 9 months of
cooling and where can I get a small enough furnace to heat with a big enough
blower drive for the A/C.

good point? where does the person live?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

" wrote in message
I currently have a 20 year old Carrier Gas Forced Air furnace model number
58GP125-3 It says the INPUT is 125,100 BTU but the output field on the
label is blank.

An HVAC company wants to replace this with a Carrier model 58STA110. He
says this will result in the same or greater output as my unit. Is he
correct?

Thanks,

J.

Load Calculation, PERIOD!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Bubba" wrote in message
On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:26:04 GMT, "
wrote:

I currently have a 20 year old Carrier Gas Forced Air furnace model

number
58GP125-3 It says the INPUT is 125,100 BTU but the output field on the
label is blank.

An HVAC company wants to replace this with a Carrier model 58STA110. He
says this will result in the same or greater output as my unit. Is he
correct?

Thanks,

J.

Sounds like someone doesnt trust someone?
Maybe if he stuck a feather up your ass you would trust him more?
Bubba

Sounds like someone isn't doing a load calc. :-(

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"ransley" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 5, 3:16 pm, ftwhd wrote:
On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:26:04 GMT, "

wrote:
[...]

Thumbs up!

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

wrote in message
ups.com...
given energy cost I wouldnt buy a 80% furnace today and this furnace
would be a negative at resale time.

go 90+ go 90+ its worth the extra bucks

Heat Pump, Heat Pump, Heat Pump
Dual Fuel, Dual Fuel, Dual Fuel

Where's the OP located?
What's the cost of utilities in their area?

There's a lot of information to be gathered before one could possibly
recommend which would be cheaper to operate in their area.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

wrote:

I don't know the efficency of the old unit, and neither does the person
I spoke with at Carrier.
The new unit is 80%.
The old one was made in 1985.

"Joe" wrote in message
groups.com...

On Oct 5, 12:26 pm, "
wrote:

I currently have a 20 year old Carrier Gas Forced Air furnace model
number
58GP125-3 It says the INPUT is 125,100 BTU but the output field on

the

label is blank.

An HVAC company wants to replace this with a Carrier model 58STA110.

He

says this will result in the same or greater output as my unit. Is he
correct?

Thanks,

J.

Probab;y, yes. Do some math...if your old furnace is 80% effcient the
output is 100,000 BTU. If the replacement is 90% or better you have
99,000+ BTU, close enough for practical purposes. HTH

Joe

Hi,
Where do you live?

Why, you looking for a date?
I hear Stormy's available.

Hmmm,
I did not ask you. Local climate and energy cost are a factor in
selecting things like furnace.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

wrote:

I don't know the efficency of the old unit, and neither does the person
I spoke with at Carrier.
The new unit is 80%.
The old one was made in 1985.

"Joe" wrote in message
groups.com...

On Oct 5, 12:26 pm, "
wrote:

[...]

No ****, but that has nothing to do with the OP's original question.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:5d6a1$4706ffec$9440c41e$20232
@STARBAND.NET:

wrote in message
ups.com...
given energy cost I wouldnt buy a 80% furnace today and this furnace
would be a negative at resale time.

go 90+ go 90+ its worth the extra bucks

Heat Pump, Heat Pump, Heat Pump
Dual Fuel, Dual Fuel, Dual Fuel

Drunk again?

I see you're still stupid.
I'll make sure to inform you if there's ever a cure.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:c8562$4707106d$9440c41e$5316
@STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:5d6a1$4706ffec$9440c41e$20232
@STARBAND.NET:

wrote in message
ups.com...
given energy cost I wouldnt buy a 80% furnace today and this furnace
would be a negative at resale time.

go 90+ go 90+ its worth the extra bucks

Heat Pump, Heat Pump, Heat Pump
Dual Fuel, Dual Fuel, Dual Fuel

Drunk again?

I see you're still stupid.
I'll make sure to inform you if there's ever a cure.

I post and you dance. It never fails does it, drunken monkey boi?

You really need to get a clue.
For once it would be nice, if you posted a FACT.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:6ccb6$47071343$9440c41e$5691
@STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:5d6a1$4706ffec$9440c41e$20232
@STARBAND.NET:

wrote in message
ups.com...
given energy cost I wouldnt buy a 80% furnace today and this

furnace
would be a negative at resale time.

go 90+ go 90+ its worth the extra bucks

Heat Pump, Heat Pump, Heat Pump
Dual Fuel, Dual Fuel, Dual Fuel

Drunk again?

I see you're still stupid.
I'll make sure to inform you if there's ever a cure.

I post and you dance. It never fails does it, drunken monkey boi?

You really need to get a clue.
For once it would be nice, if you posted a FACT.

I post and you dance. That's a fact.

I post and you dance. It never fails does it, drunken monkey boi?

You have your **** backwards...
You're the one dancing, you're just too stupid to realize it.
Want another treat?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message

Need another treat?

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in

:

"Clark" wrote in message

Need another treat?

You're the one who needs help son.

Get a clue, you're not very bright.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:6fdf9$470ceadf$9440c41e$24684
@STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in

:

"Clark" wrote in message

Need another treat?

You're the one who needs help son.

Get a clue, you're not very bright.

Dance boi, dance. I post, you dance. *It never fails*

Copy and Paste
What a Waste
Of this Internet
They call Space

One day maybe
You'll get a Clue
As one things for sure
I'll always out do You

You're such a twit
Without any Wit
Unlike myself
I know my ****

Please get a life
Before you Die
As your bull****s
Nothing more than a Lie

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:ac004$470ef1bd$9440c41e$1543
@STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in
:

"Clark" wrote in message

Need another treat?

You're the one who needs help son.

Get a clue, you're not very bright.

Dance boi, dance. I post, you dance. *It never fails*

Dance boi, dance. I post, you dance. *It never fails*

You're still a Putz.
Looking for another treat?

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:ab2aa$4710fbb9$9440c41e$2736
@STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in
:

"Clark" wrote in message

Need another treat?

You're the one who needs help son.

Get a clue, you're not very bright.

Dance boi, dance. I post, you dance. *It never fails*

Dance boi, dance. I post, you dance. *It never fails*

You're still a Putz.
Looking for another treat?

Dance boi, dance. I post, you dance. *It never fails*

What a Putz.
It must suck to be stupid.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:ca461$47122bcb$9440c41e$31201
@STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in
:

"Clark" wrote in message

Need another treat?

You're the one who needs help son.

Get a clue, you're not very bright.

Dance boi, dance. I post, you dance. *It never fails*

Dance boi, dance. I post, you dance. *It never fails*

You're still a Putz.
Looking for another treat?

Dance boi, dance. I post, you dance. *It never fails*

What a Putz.
It must suck to be stupid.

I know you are correct, I just can't admit it.

You're finally right.

Old Lennox Furnace - Model GH6 100T (maybe thermostat maybe furnace problem) jack Home Repair 5 November 9th 08 02:22 PM
lowering output of furnace? peter Home Repair 9 December 5th 06 05:02 PM
run my oil forced air furnace once a month in the summer to keep the furnace from rusting clickclack Home Repair 7 July 7th 06 10:55 PM
Thick accordion-type furnace filters - can I retrofit furnace for standard? bryanska Home Ownership 1 August 9th 05 09:24 PM
Replacing gas furnace (was New Gas Furnace Time) [email protected] Home Repair 0 February 18th 05 09:31 PM