Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

Default Furnace BTU output

"ransley" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 5, 3:16 pm, ftwhd wrote:
On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:26:04 GMT, "

wrote:
I currently have a 20 year old Carrier Gas Forced Air furnace model

number
58GP125-3 It says the INPUT is 125,100 BTU but the output field on the
label is blank.

An HVAC company wants to replace this with a Carrier model 58STA110.

He
says this will result in the same or greater output as my unit. Is he
correct?

Thanks,

J.

Same or greater huh. Ask the **** wit if hes ever heard of a manual J
then kick his ass out the door and quit cross posting your homeowner
BS to Alt.hvac.

A larger unit will lead to shorter cycles and maybe uneven heat, I cut
my btu 55% on a new unit and finally the house heats evenly. If your
unit just heats on the coldest days of the year it is probably sized
ok, but oversizing is common, also bigger units cost more, more
profit, get a pro that does a load calculation or dont let him in the
door

Thumbs up!