Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Furnace BTU output

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
news:ndCNi.5395$hT1.287@pd7urf2no...

wrote:

I don't know the efficency of the old unit, and neither does the person
I spoke with at Carrier.
The new unit is 80%.
The old one was made in 1985.

"Joe" wrote in message
groups.com...

On Oct 5, 12:26 pm, "
wrote:

I currently have a 20 year old Carrier Gas Forced Air furnace model
number
58GP125-3 It says the INPUT is 125,100 BTU but the output field on

the

label is blank.

An HVAC company wants to replace this with a Carrier model 58STA110.

He

says this will result in the same or greater output as my unit. Is he
correct?

Thanks,

J.

Probab;y, yes. Do some math...if your old furnace is 80% effcient the
output is 100,000 BTU. If the replacement is 90% or better you have
99,000+ BTU, close enough for practical purposes. HTH

Joe

Hi,
Where do you live?

Why, you looking for a date?
I hear Stormy's available.

Hmmm,
I did not ask you. Local climate and energy cost are a factor in
selecting things like furnace.