Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for opinions

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:03:47 -0600, "Bob"
wrote:

That's not a good subject - sorry.
I just purchased a Cub Cadet mower/tractor. The advertisements say
as does the manual that came with it, that it has a 23 HP Kawsaki
engine. I brought the mower home and began to just run it around to
get used to the steering. It is 50 inch mower with the two handles
instead of a steering wheel. Then I tried mowing a little. Going
to take some getting used.

Anyway, when I put it in the garage, I noticed that the engine was
NOT a Kawasaki, but a 23 HP Kohler brand.

I have nothing against Kohler, my 11 year old mower has a Kohler and
it has served me well and I like Kohler. But, I think the Kawaski
engine is probably a better engine. In addition, the manual states
that it has a gasoline shut off, which this one does not have.

Where I want opinions is, should I just blow this off, or should I
try to find a way to contact Cub Cadet and complain and see what
they will do? I paid $4,000 for the darn thing (UGH!!!) and I sure
would rather have had the engine I thought I'd get.

Hey, give me your opinions because right now, I am a bit emotional
about the darn thing.

Thanks, Bob-tx

Would your emotions change, if you got what you paid for?

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

Bob wrote:
[...]

Where did you buy it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Bob wrote:
[...]

Kinda' curious how you could have gotten through the selection and
delivery process w/o discovering it wasn't what you thought, but hey...

I'd contact the dealership where you bought it first if you really care
that much...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 28 Sep, 18:03, "Bob" wrote:
[...]

I got a question...if you knew it wasn't a good subject line, why
didn't you just change it instead of telling us it sucked and
apologizing? Just curious...

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 9/28/2007 6:03 PM Bob said the following:
[...]

Does the manual mention both engines? Perhaps the mower comes with
different engines and the manual addresses both engines.
That's why I buy cheap tractors, they all come with B&Ss, so there's no
confusion. I run them for 10 years and then buy another with newer features.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

If you purchased the ztr Tractor as opposed to the ztr Rider then it
is suppose to have the Kohler.

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/s...16200_16200_-1

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/s...16200_16200_-1
Posted to alt.home.repair

They gave you the wrong manual. Is this your mower?
http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/s...10237_33817_-1
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 28, 7:19 pm, willshak wrote:
[...]

To email, remove the double zeroes after @- Hide quoted text -

I know some John Deere have Kawasaki engines, You should get what you
were told you purhased or get a Big rebate.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

"Lou" wrote in message
Bob wrote:
[...]

Tractor Store Company

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Bob wrote:
[...]

That's a good question - one that I asked myself & don't have an
answer. The engine is in plain sight, no excuse.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

wrote in message
If you purchased the ztr Tractor as opposed to the ztr Rider then
it
is suppose to have the Kohler.

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/s...16200_16200_-1

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/s...16200_16200_-1

Thanks, good site. I have the Z-Force 50, and it does say it has 23
HP Kohler, but that is not what the accompanying manual says.
Probably an over site in printing the manual. Here is the one I
bought. The same model in the 60 inch has the Kawaski engine.

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/s...10237_33817_-1

Thanks, Bob-tx

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

wrote in message
They gave you the wrong manual. Is this your mower?
http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/s...10237_33817_-1

Yeah, that's it, and it does say Kohler. No, it is the right
manual. I expect they just lifted info' from the 60 inch model and
overlooked that error.
Bob-tx

Posted to alt.home.repair

. Is this your mower?
http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/s...10237_33817_-1

Yeah, that's it, and it does say Kohler. No, it is the right
manual. I expect they just lifted info' from the 60 inch model and
overlooked that error.
Bob-tx

If this is the right mower are you aware that the manufacturers
suggested retail price is $3999? You said you paid $4000. I would
expect that at a retail outlet $4000 would have gotten you one of
these 60" models................

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/s...16200_16200_-1

A/C opinions? Nate Nagel Home Repair 30 October 6th 07 07:13 PM
I need your opinions Skey_000 Woodworking 14 March 27th 07 04:03 PM
Opinions? Steve B Metalworking 10 February 16th 06 02:17 AM
Opinions Please JB Woodworking 5 October 5th 05 07:46 PM
Air in CH - Opinions please [email protected] UK diy 3 January 18th 05 10:24 PM