Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Old Lennox AC with New Bryant furnance

Hi,

I want to get a new Bryant high efficiency furnace to replace the old Lennox
one (maybe 35+ years). But the current furnace has an AC (evaporator C16 &
outdoor condensing unit HS18). I wonder if it's ok to use the old AC with
new Bryant furnace?

BTW: I also have a quote for a new Lennox furnace (5-year labor warranty),
but it's $1500 high than the Bryant one (but only 1-year labor). Is the
Lennox one worthwhile?

Thanks!

John

Posted to alt.home.repair

John61 wrote:
Hi,

I want to get a new Bryant high efficiency furnace to replace the old
Lennox one (maybe 35+ years). But the current furnace has an AC
(evaporator C16 & outdoor condensing unit HS18). I wonder if it's ok
to use the old AC with new Bryant furnace?

BTW: I also have a quote for a new Lennox furnace (5-year labor
warranty), but it's $1500 high than the Bryant one (but only 1-year
labor). Is the Lennox one worthwhile?

Thanks!

John

A good rule of thumb is when you replace the furnace replace the evaporator
coil at the same time. It will pay in the long run.

On labor warranty, a year is really all you need. Most problems will show up
within 3 months if any.

They are all good. If you buy their high end you will be happy.

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Furnance Problem Rusty About this forum 2 February 1st 14 03:30 AM
Gas Furnance 120000BTU [email protected] Home Repair 5 June 27th 06 10:26 PM
furnance filter david Home Ownership 0 December 23rd 05 04:23 AM
furnance repair thunderstruck Home Repair 10 October 11th 05 03:31 AM
A Furnance Question tp Home Repair 2 January 30th 05 05:56 AM