Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe Jones Moe Jones is offline

Default Old Lennox AC with New Bryant furnance

John61 wrote:
Hi,

I want to get a new Bryant high efficiency furnace to replace the old
Lennox one (maybe 35+ years). But the current furnace has an AC
(evaporator C16 & outdoor condensing unit HS18). I wonder if it's ok
to use the old AC with new Bryant furnace?

BTW: I also have a quote for a new Lennox furnace (5-year labor
warranty), but it's $1500 high than the Bryant one (but only 1-year
labor). Is the Lennox one worthwhile?

Thanks!

John

A good rule of thumb is when you replace the furnace replace the evaporator
coil at the same time. It will pay in the long run.

On labor warranty, a year is really all you need. Most problems will show up
within 3 months if any.

They are all good. If you buy their high end you will be happy.

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician