Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does mouse poison lose its effectiveness?

I have two buckets of Lipatech Generation and Contrac Blox
professional mouse bait. When I first moved into this house 10 years
ago the mice would go through these things like crazy in my basement.
Since the basement was sealed up I have not had any problems but now I
have at least one mouse in the unfinished attic. I put these cubes in
the mouse stations and also placed some out in the open.

I'm not getting any takers or bites on these. Both buckets are about
five years old now. Do they loose they attracting appeal this
quickly? It's almost as if they "know" what the deal is.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's almost as if they "know" what the deal is.

Sounds like you've been breeding smart mice.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:32:27 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

The news about bait gets out over "Mousenet" and

I thought it was spelled MoUsenet.

all the mice learn which ones to avoid. Humans
have to keep coming up with new baits on a regular
basis to be effective.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The news about bait gets out over "Mousenet" and

I thought it was spelled MoUsenet.

mm, mm, mm now you know that 90% of the mice
on Mousenet caynt spel.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

The news about bait gets out over "Mousenet" and

I thought it was spelled MoUsenet.

mm, mm, mm now you know that 90% of the mice
on Mousenet caynt spel.

We should all call our Congressman and ask him to support No Mouse
Left Behind.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The news about bait gets out over "Mousenet" and
I thought it was spelled MoUsenet.

mm, mm, mm now you know that 90% of the mice
on Mousenet caynt spel.

We should all call our Congressman and ask him to support No Mouse
Left Behind.

Well, mice are used in scientific research, it could
be passed off as that and it would make it a good
excuse for wasting taxpayer money.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 25, 1:15 pm, dpb wrote:

I'm not getting any takers or bites on these. Both buckets are about
five years old now. Do they loose they attracting appeal this
quickly? It's almost as if they "know" what the deal is.

Five years is "quickly"???

--

It's a hard dry cube kept in a "cool dry place." Yes I would say five
years is quick.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 26, 11:48 pm, Lar wrote:
wrote:
I have two buckets of Lipatech Generation and Contrac Blox
professional mouse bait. When I first moved into this house 10 years
ago the mice would go through these things like crazy in my basement.
Since the basement was sealed up I have not had any problems but now I
have at least one mouse in the unfinished attic. I put these cubes in
the mouse stations and also placed some out in the open.

I'm not getting any takers or bites on these. Both buckets are about
five years old now. Do they loose they attracting appeal this
quickly? It's almost as if they "know" what the deal is.

I have had customers over the years with contract baits placed in areas
for years...whether it was they were 3-5 years or 5-10 years I don't
recall but there have been numerous times that all of the sudden I would
get hits on the baits. If you notice, the contrac blox have a hole on
the center of the block...pack it with peanut butter.

Lar

Great idea! I will try that, thanks.