Posted to alt.home.repair
The Daring Dufas The Daring Dufas is offline

Default Does mouse poison lose its effectiveness?

wrote:
I have two buckets of Lipatech Generation and Contrac Blox
professional mouse bait. When I first moved into this house 10 years
ago the mice would go through these things like crazy in my basement.
Since the basement was sealed up I have not had any problems but now I
have at least one mouse in the unfinished attic. I put these cubes in
the mouse stations and also placed some out in the open.

I'm not getting any takers or bites on these. Both buckets are about
five years old now. Do they loose they attracting appeal this
quickly? It's almost as if they "know" what the deal is.

The news about bait gets out over "Mousenet" and
all the mice learn which ones to avoid. Humans
have to keep coming up with new baits on a regular
basis to be effective.

TDD