Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low Temp CFL

Anyone tried any low Temperature CFLs? I have two yard pole lights that I
would like to try them in. If you have used them, how did they Work?

Al S

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have used standard CFL bulbs in my post lights. At -20°F they take
a while to get bright but they work ok.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair

Plain ordinary CFL bulbs work fine outside for me, in weather down to around
0F. They light right away, though rather dimly, but in a few minutes ( 3-5)
they are at full brightness. Some are outside 2 years now ( in enclosed
fixtures, not in the rain) with no problems or failures yet.

--

Mike S.

"Al Schmidt" wrote in message
Anyone tried any low Temperature CFLs? I have two yard pole lights that I
would like to try them in. If you have used them, how did they Work?

Al S

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Al Schmidt" wrote in message

Anyone tried any low Temperature CFLs? I have two yard pole lights that I
would like to try them in. If you have used them, how did they Work?

Al S- Hide quoted text -

New ones have ratings to -20f, try them I use them but dont know about
the cold affecting them

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 9/25/2007 6:46 AM Al Schmidt said the following:
Anyone tried any low Temperature CFLs? I have two yard pole lights that I
would like to try them in. If you have used them, how did they Work?

Al S

They work fine outside all year. All my outside lights are CFLs, except
for the motion detector flood lights.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY