bmickey9

Default What temp do you keep your AC on?

What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

Me?......

South Arkansas
Day when home 78
Night 80

Just wondering about everyone else

--
bmickey9

badgolferman

bmickey9, 6/11/2005, 12:58:20 AM, wrote:

What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

Me?......

South Arkansas
Day when home 78
Night 80

Just wondering about everyone else

SE VA
78 all the time.

--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
lp13-30

Located in San Antonio Tx Keep mine at 78 also, most of the time. Every
once in a while turn it down to 77 or, rarely, 76. Got a programmable
stat, but I don't use it, since my hours vary so much. Turn it to 83 or
84 when I leave in the morning. It usually doesn.t take that long to
cool down when I get home.

Hopkins

76 during the day when i'm home -- i'm usually not, so 84.
off at night.

lp13-30

The question reminds me of a supposeddly true story I read in Readers
Digest some time ago: A guy called his electric company complaining
about his high bills. One of the first questions they asked him was
"what is your air conditioner set on?" He replied "It's set on a
concrete slab in the back yard"

Joseph Meehan

bmickey9 wrote:
What day and night temp and where are ya located please?
..

Just wondering about everyone else

Right now it is between 73º and 76º. That will change as the outside
temperature goes up or the outside humidity goes down. At the beginning of
the warm weather my body is not ready for the heat, but I just keep moving
it up as time goes on. Likewise during fall it goes the other way over
several weeks. In addition to comfort, I also want to keep the humidity
down (40-55%) due to the piano.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Edwin Pawlowski

"bmickey9" wrote in message
What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

Me?......

South Arkansas
Day when home 78
Night 80

Just wondering about everyone else

I'm in Ct. I don't have central, but use three window units to keep the
house at about 74. At night, two are shut off and just the bedroom is on.

George E. Cawthon

bmickey9 wrote:
What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

Me?......

South Arkansas
Day when home 78
Night 80

Just wondering about everyone else

Boise, ID
76 day and night , but usually off at night and
windows open because temperature is below 78.
Chris Hill

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 04:58:20 GMT, bmickey9
wrote:

What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

Me?......

South Arkansas
Day when home 78
Night 80

I can take 78 during the day, but I like it cool at night, go with 72
then. I'd probably keep it cooler at night if it weren't for the
ceiling fan.

Walter R.

day and night at 80. we are home all day. Southern California. Only comes on
during heatwaves.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"bmickey9" wrote in message
What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

Me?......

South Arkansas
Day when home 78
Night 80

Just wondering about everyone else

--
bmickey9

Matt

Jeezy weezy - why do you all even have AC?

68 - 70, Twenty four by seven.

Missouri.

CAStinneford

I'm with you, Matt. 68 to 70 all the time once the AC goes on. I'm in north
central New Jersey.

I've lived in south Florida and as far as I'm concerned, the summers in NJ
are just as hot and humid as Florida.

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jeezy weezy - why do you all even have AC?

68 - 70, Twenty four by seven.

Missouri.

Jim

Matt wrote:
Jeezy weezy - why do you all even have AC?

68 - 70, Twenty four by seven.

Missouri.

82 in NY. Real question is what do you wish the AC to do? For me it is
controll the humidity. Warm I enjoy. Warm and damp I don't.

Robert Allison

bmickey9 wrote:

What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

Me?......

South Arkansas
Day when home 78
Night 80

Just wondering about everyone else

I am a 68 degree person also. Forget 70, that is too hot.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

PhotoMan

"CAStinneford" wrote in message
I'm with you, Matt. 68 to 70 all the time once the AC goes on. I'm in

north
central New Jersey.

I've lived in south Florida and as far as I'm concerned, the summers in NJ
are just as hot and humid as Florida.

Well I live in Florida and did for 20 years in NJ. Summer heat and humidity
in Florida start in late April and end in late October.

Kathy

"bmickey9" wrote in
message
What day and night temp and where are ya located

please?

Me?......

South Arkansas
Day when home 78
Night 80

Just wondering about everyone else

South Jersey. I keep the A/C at 74 and in winter
the heat is also set at 74.

My thermostats are set to give the comfort of 72F at 30% humidity,
meaning the temp will go higher on dry days. I refuse to sacrifice
comfort, especially since my A/C bill will probably peak at just
$90/month, and that's for a hot climate and 4400 ft^2.

Matt

South Jersey. I keep the A/C at 74 and in winter
the heat is also set at 74.

And do you extend the same courtesy to the miscreants who live above
your cellar?

Matt

Real question is what do you wish the AC to do?

No, thats not a question at all. I grew up with no AC, and so you see,
I have a very clear idea of what I want the AC to do.
The goal is to make it more comfortable inside then it is outside.
And outside, it's 85. Soon, it will be 100. And you could stand a fork
up in the humidity. It's ****ing soup here in August.

For me it is controll the humidity.

You want your wizzo button now, or later?

Warm I enjoy. Warm and damp I don't.

Then turn your AC down to 70, and enjoy.

Kick your wife out too, as she is neither warm nor damp.

Matt

Agreed, 70 is pushing it.

Phisherman

wrote:

What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

Me?......

South Arkansas
Day when home 78
Night 80

Just wondering about everyone else

For summer daytime, 78. Nighttime 72..
For winter daytime 72. Nightttime 65. e.TN

Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 10 Jun 2005 09:58:20p, bmickey9 wrote in alt.home.repair:

What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

When at home in the daytime, 68-72 depending on our activity level. 72 at
night.

We're in the desert.

Apache Junction, Arizona

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
TURTLE

"bmickey9" wrote in message
What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

Me?......

South Arkansas
Day when home 78
Night 80

Just wondering about everyone else

--
bmickey9

This is Turtle.

Cooling mode

I keep my thermostat set on 70ºF day and nite and have a humitistat set to over
ride the cooling and keep no more than 55% RH , where a 80% RH day is called a
very dry day. Now some times I will go a little cooler at 68º at nite.

Cooling Mode

I can set my humitistat on 35% RH and the unit will never cut off and the house
will go down to 57ºF or so and just never cut off.

Heating Mode.

68ºF day time and off at nite.

TURTLE

Rudy

South Arkansas
Day when home 78
Night 80

same, with ceiling fans on

I keep it at 72 between 10PM and 6:30AM. Off when I'm at work. Other
then that I just turn it so it's ON when I get home from work. Need it
cold to sleep. I love having the cold air blowing on me.

in ky , i keep mine on 70 during the day and 68 at night. lucas

Calvin Henry-Cotnam

bmickey9 ) said...

What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

We are just north of Toronto and use our programmable thermostat
in the summer as follows:

Mon-Fri: 1:30 AM 24C/75F
6:00 AM 23C/73F
8:30 AM 24C/75F
5:00 PM 23C/73F

Sat: 1:30 AM 24C/75F
7:30 AM 23C/73F
10:30 AM 24C/75F
6:30 PM 23C/73F

Sun: 2:00 AM 24C/75F
7:45 AM 23C/73F
11:15 AM 24C/75F
7:15 PM 23C/73F

If we go out for the day on the weekends, we will manually
set it a few degrees warmer.

During heating season, the program is similar, but with at-home/awake
settiings of 22C/72F and others at 19C/66F.

--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
- Napoleon

DJ

If I could have a setting called "snow" that's where I'd have it.

Rudy wrote:
South Arkansas
Day when home 78
Night 80

same, with ceiling fans on

Ashton Crusher

wrote:

What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

Me?......

South Arkansas
Day when home 78
Night 80

Just wondering about everyone else

Phoenix AZ, 76 during the day, 72 after 8 PM.

KLS

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:32:04 -0500, "Boots" wrote:

keep the thermostat at 72 year round just switch from heat
to cool

Not me, in Rochester, New York. 72 would be either too hot or to
cold. Winters we keep the heat at about 67F when we're home at night,
62F when we're not home during days, and summers when we run the AC,
the temp is set at 76F. We like to appreciate our season's
temperatures, within moderation.

.. .

wrote:

What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

Me?......

South Arkansas
Day when home 78
Night 80

Just wondering about everyone else

Phoenix AZ, 76 during the day, 72 after 8 PM.

Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

Northern Illinois. 75 degrees. I work at home so I don't program
different night and day temps.

We prefer fresh air whenever possible, but this 100 degree weather has
been nasty.

Had a neighbor once who kept his house at 58 degrees. It was
ridiculous. I wanted to lager some beer in there.

Matt

I like the transitions that the seasons provide.

Walking inside from a 100F 997847937743% humidity to a 69 degree
-892731498798324798% humidity is the ducks butt.

As in winter, walking in from a 12 degree snow/sleet/salt/****ing idiot
cant drive in winter people, to a nice, toasty 80 degree house is also
the ducks butt.

And I've modified my spending habits to be able to afford the heating
and cooling, regardless of how fast the dials on the electric or gas
meters spin.

If you can't be comfortable in your own house - whats the point?

Dr. Hardcrab

wrote in message

What day and night temp and where are ya located please?

Northern Illinois. 75 degrees. I work at home so I don't program
different night and day temps.

We prefer fresh air whenever possible, but this 100 degree weather has
been nasty.

Had a neighbor once who kept his house at 58 degrees. It was
ridiculous. I wanted to lager some beer in there.

"Mmmmmmm.....beeeeeeeeeer...."

;-]

Bob Joesting

I'm one of those who keeps the inside closer
to the outside than many. In the winter I
usually set it about 65 to 68 when I'm home in
the day and 63 or a few less at night, both will
be higher if the humidity is very low and the
humidifier isn't fixing that. In the summer the
house stays cool most days if I open windows at
night and close them before it gets much above
70. When I use the A/C it is usually set about
78 or a few higher. I will set it a few lower
if the humidity is bad.

I always find it uncomfortable to go from the
cold outside to a place that is much over 70 or
from the hot outside to a place that is colder
than about 75. If possible I try have the
windows open at least in the cool part of most
summer nights and in the warm part of the winter
days that are much above 65.

Bob valen (at) trust-me (dot) com