Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Price of a new gas furance

How much should a new gas furnace with instalation cost? We have a
very old house with forced hot air - not planning to stay more than 5
more years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
How much should a new gas furnace with instalation cost? We have a
very old house with forced hot air - not planning to stay more than 5
more years.

A good range of prices is $1532.67 to $14,789.54. Depends on size and
location. Add 9.6% for units that will last more than 5 years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
How much should a new gas furnace with instalation cost? We have a
very old house with forced hot air - not planning to stay more than 5
more years.

5 year stay? Then you should think about the added value to the home's
resale value.

Will a more expensive furnace make getting a sale contract occur faster,
will a more expensive furnace get you a higher sale price because of
multiple bids? Home sales in your community both in volume of sold and
demand for used homes have a lot to say also.

Someone else, a real estate agent for example, could advise you if the extra
money for a high energy efficient furnace would add enough to re-sale price
of a home to make it worth the effort. My guess, and this is just a wild
a** guess, a furnace less than 5 years old only adds about 35-to-50 cents on
the dollar invested on the new furnace to the sale price of the home; an
energy efficient one may only make that 50-65 cents on the dollar invested

(for comparison, I was told that a remodeled kitchen less than 3 years old
adds about 75 cents on the dollar to the re-sell price; re-doing the
electric service is about 10-to-20 cents.)

Phil

IC Price Database -- You can query price of 1,147,000 IC Types! [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 March 30th 06 03:46 PM
Bryant furance inducer problem Knick Home Repair 7 February 2nd 05 03:35 PM
Oil Furance Fiasco Romwar Home Repair 22 November 30th 04 12:17 AM
Furance Reviews / Ratings xxx Home Repair 12 November 29th 04 03:50 AM
chimney liner, gas furance TP Home Repair 3 September 30th 04 11:21 AM